Rapid Reaction: Chicago Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 24, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,064 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    323ß
    It's like the division is trying to give us the title this season - and we're so bad on defense we can't take it. How incredibly sad is that?

2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,229 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    290ß
    yeah, I said the same thing. The Lions keep trying to give it to us and we won't take it. 2 TD's nullified by penalties. Sorry, but as much as I like Trestman, these are on him and this is the second week in a row that penalties have been stupid high or cost us some momentum. I think that having those nullified just takes the wind out of your sales. Of course, not being able to stop anything resembling a run does not help either.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,064 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    323ß
    I can't remember the last time we had the division basically gift-wrapped and handed to us to win. And here we can't take it, because we stink so bad on defense. This season should have been an absolute cake-walk to the division title due to Green Bay losing Rodgers, and Detroit now stumbling. And the Vikes are pathetic. Yet we are no better. Pretty tough year to accept.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +632 / 5 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    We would rule the division by now if we just had an average NFL defense. I think we could get to average defense next year if we replace safeties and upgrade the DL.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. matsellah

matsellah Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,265 / 7 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    At this point, I'm not sure I would want the Bears to make the play-offs; the elimination would be humiliating and I just don't think I could handle all the sports talking heads laying on their verbal tripe about not being a functional team. Even though that's not the case. I like what Trestman has done for the offense. He just needs to get to the next level and show an interest in the defense. Be a complete Head Coach and not just 'leave it' to the coordinator.

That's what Lovie did with the offense.

And that may be what happens. I know he was hired to give the Bears a viable offense and that's been his focus. Solidifying the scheme and playbook probably remains his first priority. Nobody expected him to have the WHOLE team under wraps in just a couple seasons.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,033 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    64ß
    Once again:
    The Bears never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +184 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    267ß
    Sorry gentlemen but I am riding this out though 16 games ...

a loss at this point in time doesnt count us out.

Look at what Detroit,Green Bay and Minnie did today.

Granted we are down to one starter on defense but thats never stopped us before.

Think possitive.
  8. DavidL

Ratings:
    +632 / 5 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Trestman would be a good offensive coordinator. In reality, I bet he spends 90% of his time planning the offense. I guess it's OK to trust the defense to Tucker, if they were getting the job done. Are you ready to see Tucker fired, or do you cut him slack because of all the injuries?
  9. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,229 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    290ß
    myself, I would like to see a real defensive guru. A top notch guy that can match wits with the best OC's and make meaningful adjustments on the fly. Someone that is capable of coming up with new defensive wrinkles. At his best, I do not think Tucker is that man. At his worst, he is a guy that is so inept that even keeping the same 6 year long defensive scheme he takes the D from top 5 to bottom 5.

At best he is going to be just ok. I am tired of mediocrity. I want to see the same immediate explosive improvement that Trestman brought to our O. I can see what a difference a top coach can make and I do not see it in Tucker. Even in a best case scenario.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. DavidL

Ratings:
    +632 / 5 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Let's see who gets fired end of season. I know Mike Singletary wants another HC job, but right now he's just a LB coach with Vikings. So, a DC job with the Bears would be a step up the ladder. He knows defense, and would be a hell of a leader and motivator.
  11. DavidL

Ratings:
    +632 / 5 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Let's see who gets fired end of season. I know Mike Singletary wants another HC job, but right now he's just a LB coach with Vikings. So, a DC job with the Bears would be a step up the ladder. He knows defense, and would be a hell of a leader and motivator.
  12. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,229 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    290ß
    DavidL - At one point, I was passionate about Singletary being our coach. Personally, I think he crapped the bed in SF and would not want him here. Not sure how everyone else feels about it. Maybe they can chime in. Regardless though, I think Tucker won't be going anywhere.
  13. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +184 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    267ß
    We'll probably have Mel and the most wounded defense ever for another year.
  14. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,399 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    311ß
    If we MUST replace Tucker, I will throw the same name I've thrown out numerous times: Donnie Henderson. He had the 4th best defense in the league with the Jets in 2004, before being fired in 2005 (along with the rest of the coaching staff). In 2005, rising star middle linebacker Jonathon Vilma suffered a serious knee injury, keeping him out of all but 2 games that season. Not to mention having Brooks Bollinger as QB was a guarantee that the defense would be on the field WAY too much. Henderson is currently the DB coach for the Buffalo Bills, who just so happen to lead the league in INT's this year, with Seattle.
  15. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,229 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    290ß
    Not a bad choice...

I like Rivera, but he has turned it around. I don't think he will be looking for a new job next year.
  16. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,172 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    Well, if your gonna stay on the Jets path why not go w/Rex. I'm sure he'll be out soon enough.
  17. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,229 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    290ß
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. DavidL

Ratings:
    +632 / 5 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Really? You wouldn't even consider him as a defensive coordinator?
  19. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,399 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    311ß
    Honestly, it's still too early to say either way. HOWEVER, seeing as Emery said we are not going to a 3-4, and we pretty much have to take him at his word, Ryan wouldn't be a good fit.

Agree. If we ran a 3-4, I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat, but since it doesn't seem that likely, we gotta pass.
  20. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,399 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    311ß
    How about this, WHY should we want him here?