Rapid Reaction: Chicago Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,441ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    no... I just don't think so. I keep going back to his losing his temper and mooning his players. Plus, he kept losing his temper and almost seeming unhinged at one point. Just not a guy that I think make you want to follow him. He has the passion, etc but I do not think he would be able to win many chess matches against OCs, nor do I see him as an innovator.

His biggest asset is as you say, his passion. I may be wrong, I just would rather not go with someone who so flagrantly flamed out in such a high profile manner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,724ß
    First, the decision would have to be made that Tucker is out. I agree that they aren't yet going to pull the plug on him. But if Bears do get to that point, then you have to look at who is available. No doubt there are some outstanding DC's, but Bears would be lucky to land one. So, it comes down to "best available." Singletary certainly understands NFL defenses and -- being with Vikings -- knows the division. Good leader. Good motivator. Hard worker. And one of my all-time favorite Bears. That sums it up.

3. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    I'll take Frazier as DC and Singletary as LB coach. Not as a demotion to Singletary but to instill back the greatness to the LB corps.

4. Bearsinhouston

DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,441ß
    Tucker is rated # 27 out of 32 DC, so whoever does those rankings doesn't think he is too big a prize either.

5. Bearsinhouston

DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,441ß
    LeBeau showed me a lot when we played the Steelers. Good adjustments to our O. Coincidentally, (or maybe not), he is rated #1

6. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    942ß
    "Knows the Division": that doesn't mean anything. The only secret you need to learn to beat Minnesota is to stop Adrian Peterson.
    "good leader/good motivator": hardly, as he pissed off his team in SF enough, and was horrible enough with the X's and O's that he was fired, with ONE game left in the season. Look what Harbaugh did with the team in the following year.
    "Hard Worker": Every coach in the NFL is a hard worker. They put in hours that most of us never have, never will
    "All time favorite Bear": That is irrelevant to his being a coach.

Honestly, Henderson, having already proven himself to be a good defensive coordinator, and now a good DB coach with Buffalo makes a LOT more sense, imo.

7. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    229ß
    How ever wins the division knows they won't make it past the first game so no wants the title.

8. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,724ß
    He wouldn't have the problems at Chicago that he had in S.F. He was feeling the pressure of the HC and didn't have experience. As far as knowledge of the division, I wasn't just thinking of Vikings. He knows the Lions and Packers offenses. Anyway, I believe he could do the job. From Trestman's demeanor, I have a hard time imagining him kicking ass in the locker room. From that standpoint, I am sure Singletary would kick ass on Peppers a few times this season when he was dogging it on the field. IOW, he could be a counter-weight to milktoast Trestman.

9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    942ß
    He was an assistant coach with them, AND he was their head coach for 40 games. He has had plenty of experience coaching. He simply hasn't shown the ability to coach very well. Again, if you're advocating the type of "fiery" coaching style that alienated him in San Francisco, expect an even worse defense next year.

10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,294ß
    How is that possible? We are DEAD LAST in run defense and have already given up more points in 11 games than we did ALL of of last season. I'm not at all advocating for Singletary or any other possible candidate (meh on that) but I find it laughable that you would turn your nose up on anyone while still defending Tucker whos presided over this mess. That's truly a joke.