Rate Cutler's supporting cast as compared with other NFL teams.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Aug 28, 2013.

?

Rate Cutler's supporting cast on offense as compared with the typical NFL team.

1. His supporting players and coaches are above average compared with other NFL QB's.

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. His supporting players and coaches are average compared with other NFL QB's.

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. His supporting players and coaches are below average compared with other NFL QB's.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,440 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    4,014ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I agree that the right side of the line has two very talented but green rookies. My gut feeling is that they will outperform a lot of veteran OL players this year though. My point is that this isn't Webb or some of the deadbeats we've had in the past. Of course that is nothing more than guesswork by me.....not worth much :)

I would add though, in fairness, there are elite QB's in the league that have pretty crappy OL's -Aaron Rodgers is one example of a guy who gets abused every year due to a poor OL. Our OL, even with those two talented rookies, will still (probably) be better than half the league. We'll see though :)

2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,415 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,900ß
    no i agree, and against average DL's I think they'll hold their own, but against guys like Cincy has, or that DL that is in Det...gonna be some real problems.

• Like Like x 1
  3. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,598 / 0 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    792ß
    I would think not only a comparison of players but a comparison of what can be done tactically as opposed to last season would also show how much more potential exists in the offense:

1) Ability to maximize players strengths and limit their weaknesses. Going to see examples like using Forte more in the passing game and short and intermediate routes in the WCO offense. Soul has a nice thread on the utilization of the blocking scheme that leans towards the O lines strength- I wouldn't be surprised at all if we were more of a running team at least for the first half of the season.

2) Fewer pre-snap penalties: Sustaining drives even if they don't result in the score will benefit field position, the ST, as well as the defense.

3) Other players involved in the offense: Reducing tendencies like the over reliance towards Marshall and involving others will make it harder for opponents to game plan. I believe we'll see a ton of surprises more than failures this season.

4) Ability to make coaching adjustments: With a offensive minded coach who appears to be sharp we should see many more counter-moves (and more points).

Even if the O line struggles I have more faith that these things will shine through and that the offense will look far more promising and tactically accomplished than last season.

• Like Like x 3
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,440 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    4,014ß
    Are you saying we couldn't make coaching adjustments LAST year? :)
    Every time I look at this pic I laugh out loud. What on earth were they talking about here???

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,119 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    430ß
    If we are talking about his past in Chicago, I think it's clear that his supporting cast has been below par. If we're talking about this year, none of us know yet right? We've had two pretty promising pre-season games against poor teams that aren't even game planning, an O-Line that looks much improved, but still has a whole rookie right side and a TE group that is unproven on THIS team. We have a defense that has seen wholesale changes in the LB corp with a new DC, and a new ST coordinator to go along with an all new offense.

Now, saying all that, If you think we are going to be a good team, then I suggest you are a glass half full guy. If you say we will be lucking to make it a .500 season, then you are probably a glass half empty guy. Other than that, I am simply cautiously optimistic about our chances, but no one really knows what we've got yet compared to the supporting cast of other teams.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,415 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,900ß
    Gamblers have the Bears winning 8.5 games....I think that's about right, they're a team very much flux, they have talent but also a rough schedule and a new coach and philoshophy so things might well go like last year or maybe a little worse.

7. BearsWin

BearsWin Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I marked average. I agree the potential for above is definately there, but as many of you had mentioned, way too many questions. Only proven commodities we have are Marshall and Forte. Anyone else, until they show what they can do in a Bear's uniform, can be argued as average or less.

8. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Definitely a better cast but regardless of the inexperience, more secure knowing we have a superior coaching cast. Think that's what will get us over the bumps in the road.

These guys have the resume to not only coach but adjust to opposing coaches. Think that keeps our supporting cast above average as the year progresses.

Or...I could be wrong

• Like Like x 1