Reaction to Fuller pick mostly positive

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Newsman, May 9, 2014.

1. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,597 / 0 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    786ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I'm not sure why anyone would be down on Fuller based on how the draft shook out. It wasn't a broken Cwill we drafted for Pete's sake. Dennard was hurt IIRC so Fuller was one of the top corners in the draft that can play multiple positions right away and gain valuable experience.

Grade A pick imo

2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,397 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,868ß
    SFB, I like the player, just the team needed a starting S, and they won't find one now, they were all taken in the 1st; but they still could have found a starting NB to be starting CB next year in the 2nd or 3rd; and still addressed the DT/NT position also.

But it's water under the bridge, the draft is shaking out fine minus S.

3. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,597 / 0 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    786ß
    I don't think they care that much for the safety position esp. with the DL all but revitalized. I wish they would have tabbed Pryor myself but if Fuller can pinch-hit at S here and there perhaps the dire need would be lessened.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,397 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,868ß
    That I agree w/SFB, they apparently don't give 2 shakes about S. If they are happy w/Mundy/Conte/Jennings then they cannot possibly value the S position b/c that might well be the worst starting S core in all of the NFL and college 1A football.