Redskins beat the Bears 45-41. Who Gets the Deflated Football?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Oct 20, 2013.

?

Who gets the deflated football?

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +819 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    719ß
    Defense and Mel Tucker.

How can people blame anybody else?!
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Hell, I'd have him at the head of the class...

I agree injuries are playing a part & also agree the blame starts with the players on a lot of individual plays but the lack of fundamentals/basics are directly attributed to Tucker IMO. You play like you practice & I don't believe these guys are studs during the week & duds on Sunday. Can't believe that we have no structure on defense all cuz of the players...just can't.
  3. EmeryBored

EmeryBored Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    It's a combination of injuries and the defense in general. With a healthy d, I believe we squeak by with a win, but that's not good enough. RG III burned us on the read/ option the whole game.

On the bright side Detroit lost today, but it looks like the Packers are on their way to make it a virtual 3-way tie in the NFC North.
  4. phatdude

phatdude Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    This is kinda the twilight zone for me since I ALWAYS bash the defense and always defend Jay. I do agree the D lost the game for us, but mostly because they had so many injuries building up and got winded. Peppers and Conte are the worst and they have no excuse. We know Biggs is no play caller but we saw when he went out, the play calling got actually worse. At lest Biggs for the most part tackles. Tillman of course is the MVP of the defense and has been since the season started. If they cleaned house defensively only Tillman should stay. I know he missed an INT today, but the man is human. Also ZERO pass rush.

As for Offense and Trestman, they can't be blamed, they put up 41 points. umm, hello, FORTY. ONE. POINTS. (okay, not all of the points were from offense, but the majority were). The bigger mystery is Jay. Being a Jay defender I'm am now really worried about him. Maybe there is some truth to the Jekyll and Hyde of Good Jay and Bad Jay. I say this because if dusty old McCown can come of the bench and do that well, what is wrong with Jay? If Jay doesn't get better and get us to the playoffs this year, he's done with.

Lastly Gould gets a mention because he missed a rookie FG that in the end may have effected the out come.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    Maybe that's telling us something about Trestman's estimation of how much of the playbook each QB has mastered. Another interpretation, Cutler is constantly changing the plays toward more passing while McCown ran what was actually called. Lots of ways to read this situation.

If Cutler is out for a while, and we see this "opened-up" playbook on display for the McCown led games; that'll be an interesting turn of events. The haters and the lovers will have a field day.
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,975 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    986ß
    It hasn't been talked about, it was a small Trestman post game quip, but he said something along the lines of I just called plays, and McCown ran them, I wasn't having to go over plays and having to get approval....was that a small, or not so small shot accross Cutlers bow?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +614 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    211ß

"That's very interesting, Colonel Hogan"

[​IMG]

I missed that one. If it's true, we may well have seen the last of Cutler as a Bear. I doubt T-Man or Emery will put up with that and offer him a good contract based on the results we've seen so far. Cutty's been good this year, but no more so than most of the QBs out there. Even McCown outplayed him yesterday.

I wonder if we sign Matt B back after week 10. Definitely we draft a QB or maybe 2 next year. But we need DL and safeties as well. Another difficult draft/FA coming up for Emery.
  8. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    A telling comment . . .
  9. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,975 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    986ß
    Right now the team has 30 people under contract next year, out of 52. That's a lot of holes to fill while also possibly looking at getting rid of your guys under contract(Peppers/Hester). Now you're at 24, The team will be lucky to get 3-4 starters/backups in next years draft, and probably 1-2 impact players.

I still cannot see Trestman/Emery getting rid of Cutler next year. The team has to many pieces to replace to not at least FT him for a year. Much like Melton this might be the catalyst that prevents the team from having to break the bank for either of them.
  10. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,975 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    986ß
    670 just redid the quote from Trestman:

It was a quip about "not having to ask what he liked or didn't like, I just called the play according to the gameplan."
  11. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
  12. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    Assuming Cutler is done for a while, one of the unknowns will be how much Trestman can get out of McCown. He's already shown that he can take an aging QB and elevate his game. Can lightning strike twice?
  13. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    38ß
    When your defense allow 45 points in a game and your offense scores 41 the only one who can get the deflated football is the defense. Last year we had a top defense and all of the sudden it's in the botton of the NFL..

Mel Trucker gets most of my blame he has done nothing to this team.. 41 freakin' points when the fuck was the last time the Bears allowed that many points?

Funny when you think about it last season our offense was just as bad as our defense is right now.. How about they are equal next season and we manage to get to the playoffs?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,975 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    986ß
    Earlier this year, 40 to Det
    2011 they gave up 38 and 35 to Sea and GB
    2010 38 to the Jets and 36 to NE
    2009 40+ to both AZ and Cincy and 36 to Minny
    2008 40+ to Minny(but won), 37 at GB

So there ya go, I added anything over 35 b/c that's pretty close to 40 and your chances of winning are low.
    In 08 and 09 w/Lovie and BU and co they allowed a 40 3 times and 36 and 37 a couple times too.
    In 2010 and2011 the y also gave up a few big games
    Last year they had their swan song and didn't have any, but that was last year and this is a year to late.
  15. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +584 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    289ß
    I blame Jerry Angelo.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,449 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    754ß
    If that is true, then they definitely need to draft a rookie QB who will be a sponge to soak up up whatever Trestman has in store. We have other pieces in place on offense, its time to give him a fresh QB to mold and shape into what he needs.
  17. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    Lots of blame to go around on this one but the one play that sticks out to me was the one where AJ had a pass go off his hands for a pick 6. If he catches it instead then the Bears win regardless of the bad (HORRIBLE) "D". JMHO though.
  18. Trackguy

Trackguy Veteran

Ratings:
    +164 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Chris Conte. I can think of 3 touchdowns alone that were his fault.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. dinwitty

dinwitty Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    how do you score 41 points and lose? deflated ball goes to Defense, howd they do that? Theyve been so good? Bummers me that I set my recorder up and recorded the wrong channel, maybe that was all better, duh. Cutler was not protected and is now knocked out 4 weeks, (but rumors he says he'll be back sooner). But Washington, despite the record isnt a slouch of a team, a losing team is only hungrier for a win. Game was one of the highest scoring games ever. There are good things/bad things that came out of this game, the backup QB did well, Hester got a return goal, its surely one crazy game.
    best thing is the week off for rest to get ready for Green Bay.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    253ß
    As the poll results show, the defense is the correct answer. And Mel Tucker gets a dishonorable deflated football for his stewardship of this debacle. Jay Cutler gets 2nd prize for refusing to throw to his check downs and tossing another pick 6, even if it was only partially his fault.