Richard Hightower, our new ST Assistant

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by shark86x, Jan 26, 2016.

1. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ar...ng-staff/d391c493-758d-4e57-9497-adde4604cf61

The Bears have hired Richard Hightower as assistant special teams coach. He replaces Derius Swinton, who left the Bears after one season to become the 49ers' special teams coordinator.
    Hightower_inside012616.jpg
    Richard
    Hightower
    Hightower has nine seasons of NFL coaching experience, most recently serving as assistant special teams coach with the 49ers in 2015. Prior to that, he worked as an offensive quality control coach for the Browns in 2014 after spending four seasons with the Redskins as assistant special teams coach (2010-13) and assistant defensive backs coach (2012-13).

...more of the article in the link above.

sounds promising. But Rodgers is still here, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

2. Jamais Vu

Jamais Vu Veteran

I think a lot of our special teams problems come less from Coaching and more from massive turnover at the backend of the roster. I see a huge improvement coming this season as there has been less turmoil with the coaching staff and Pace is loaded with late round picks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan Member of the Month DBS Writer

+1
    I think you're on to something there ^^^^^

• Like Like x 1
  4. mdbearz

mdbearz Pro-Bowler

Deonte Thompson looked like a piece you could work around on returns, but the reality is kickoff returns are practically nonexistant until the ball starts to get really cold.

I think Gould will bounce back, and it looks like the Redskins were top of the league in a couple of categories when Hightower was there. Why did we ever let Toub get away? that guy made no excuses, just Pro bowlers