Richard Sherman NFL's highest-paid CB

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by little bear, May 7, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +985 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,129ß
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ichard-sherman-seahawks-strike-574m-extension

Richard Sherman, Seahawks strike $57.4M extension

The Seattle Seahawks continue to make news, and it has nothing to do with the NFL draft.
    NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Seahawks and Richard Sherman struck a four-year contract that made the All-Pro the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL, according to a source informed of the situation.

Sherman said the extension is four years for a total of $57.4 million with $40 million guaranteed.
    The story comes two weeks after the Seahawks wrapped up a four-year, $40 million contract with Earl Thomas that made him the highest-paid safety in the league.
    Sherman, a 2011 fifth-round pick, began calling himself the best cornerback in football a few years ago. And he's backed up all the talk with physical man coverage and a penchant for the big moment.
    The Seahawks have gone against conventional wisdom by building a historically great defense from the outside in. While the team's defensive line is terrific, their stars are in the secondary. Thomas and Sherman are the best at what they do, and they are paid like it now. Safety Kam Chancellor also received a long-term deal last year, and cornerback Byron Maxwell could be the group's next Pro Bowl player.
    The Seahawks mostly stayed quiet in free agency, and this is the reason why. They had to take care of their young foundation pieces. Next on their to-do list will be a big extension for Russell Wilson next offseason.
    The Legion of Boom -- and the rest of this young Seahawks team -- is not going away.

--------------------
  2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,682 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,052ß
    Defense won them a championship, so its no surprise that they will put all their money on that side of the ball.
  3. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +742 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    618ß
    hell of a player
  4. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    562ß
    Hell of a mouth.
  5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,149 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,548ß
    I wonder if he is the highest paid DB......
  6. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    562ß
    The money they are throwing around, just has collapse written all over it. I'm sure there are players that will have an issue with the big heads of the big money winners.

I mean I've very seldom seen a CB/Safety as the team enforcer/leader. Usually it's a LB or DL that busts heads to keep others pumped. It's hardly ever the small guy smacking helmets of huge dudes.

Either way, I'm looking forward to playing Seattle just to knock them down off their mountain.