Robbie Gould Disagrees with PAT Move.................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Apr 2, 2014.

1. dachuckster

dachuckster
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    And an anorexic Packer fan at that!

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

I łove Gould, but why would ANY kicker like this rule? It makes their job more difficult.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ooohhh... I thought you were trying to say that Packer fans blow. I know you would never say that.

4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Aren't blockers at risk to injury all game long (not just blocking for PAT's)? I'm all for player safety, but at some point I think we have to acknowledge that professional sports involve risk of injury, and it's not just blockers blocking. There are injuries at all positions. I don't think you'll ever remove all risk in sports. I agree with Benj that he's just upset because it makes his job harder. I don't see him laying awake at night worried about a blocker getting an injury on a PAT.

5. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

This easy one, Bob Thomas SUCKED BIG TIME throw in Avellini and that was literately the dog shit decade of all decades. I should know we had season tickets and boy did it suck going to those games. Getting kicked in the nuts would have been a better choice than going to those games back then.

• Like Like x 2
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Stupid drunk kickers should keep their mouths shut.

• Like Like x 1
  7. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

You mean like this. :packsheep:hey there, you, hey Packer fan. :blowme:

I'm glad my daughters don't post here. Two of them are huge Packer fans. :sad44: I've failed miserably in that regard.

• Like Like x 1
  8. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

What I get out of it most is that he's afraid it will affect the records that have been set and those in the future the same way that gaining 1000 yards rushing when teams played 12 games a season is a whole lot different than a 16 game season. We'll have record books full of asterisks.

I'm not down with it either. I think it's pointless. Either leave it the way it is or just do away with it and substitute a run or pass for the PAT. Plus one point if you succeed and minus one point if you don't. That adds interest. This deal just extends boredom from the 2 yard line to the 25. After they get used to the distance the success rate won't decline all that much. Plus you're giving kickers in domed stadiums a huge advantage over those who kick in the wind and cold like Robbie does. Factor that in and maybe he really is the best kicker after all.

9. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan

I feel ya brother....My Oldest Son and Nephew I helped raise are both Cheeseheads and my StepSon is a Bucs/Giants fan.....My Daughter and Wife are Bear fans so I guess i'm at 20% lol

10. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Well they were born and raised in Green Bay and still live there so I can't be too critical Bob. Makes it kind of interesting two weekends out of every fall though. The text messages flows back and forth pretty freely on those Sundays. LOL