Robbie on his tiff with Devin: "It's like a fight with your little brother"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Oct 11, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +267 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    I agree with those who have said that Devin will not be on the team next year. We have far too many holes on defense to spend any $$$ on a kick returner who is nowhere near the phenomenon he was back in 2006.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,034 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    70ß
    Not worth the money paid this year. I had hoped for a game-changing return game but it hasn't been there.
    Between Hester and Weems I'd say we are spending $3m on pure ST players who haven't been particularly special thus far.
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,404 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß
    It "Hasn't been there" because teams ARE KICKING AWAY FROM DEVIN HESTER. THE "HESTER FACTOR" IS STILL PREVALENT, IN THAT TEAMS ARE SCARED TO KICK TO HIM. PEOPLE ARE NOT KICKING AWAY FROM OTHER RETURNERS.

That needed to be in all caps and in bold, because I really don't think you guys understand that just because he isn't getting the return yards, that the results have disappeared, too.
  4. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 3 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    186ß
    I blame Jerry Angelo for this spat.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +865 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    376ß
    I blame you for the ass whooping some random kid in Wisconsin, just because he had a Farvra email... :D

I can't believe how bad JA messed up our team! I think he lucked out with some players, but also wasted a LOT of talent.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    145ß
    Devin is obviously more likely to turn the ball over then return one for a TD. Devin's countdown has begun sad part not for TD returns but for number of games left in his career with the Bears.
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,034 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    70ß
    When he's had returnable kicks, he hasn't done jack in 5 of 6 games. I don't see us winning the "field position battle" like we should be doing if Hester was really all that scary to other teams. In fact, we have lost that battle more often than not. Hester has been a big disappointment so far this season and not worth the money.
  8. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    He is the one most yards on kickoff returns: 575 total and 30.3 average. The next on the list is Kesawn Martin with 529 and 26.3 average. Of cause 200 of them came in one game but he still has it. If there had been better blocks he would most likely have taken one to the house against the Vikings.

He might not be the same good old Hester but he is far better this year compared to last year.. Also I want to see him get the record so badly..
    • Like Like x 2
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,069 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    328ß
    If it were not for the money issue, I think he'd be fine. When I watch ST's play this year it is crystal clear that the blocking is NOTHING like it was in past years under Toub. It's a real disappointment. My only issue with Hester is that I don't want to overpay for a guy who is now a specialized player who does only one thing for ya.
  10. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +538 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    133ß
    ...and that one thing has been pretty much removed from the game. Yes, Devin getting a good return gets us closer to the end zone, and the other team not kicking to him can help us the same way. But there are no "field position" battles anymore. With the league favoring the offense so much, ANY TEAM can start at the 1-yard line and drive for a score.
  11. BigClaws

BigClaws Newbie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Gould mentioned that he was the only K in the NFL that hadn't tackled Hester. That's when shit got heated...
  12. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +538 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    133ß
    That's actually pretty funny, and a complement to Hester that he gets through all the tacklers and the kickers have to tackle him.