Robbie on his tiff with Devin: "It's like a fight with your little brother"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    920ß
    Ratings:
    +2,772 / 8 / -10
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    While I, and many other Bear fans, at first, thought that was a rule against Hester, injuries have decreased significantly after the rule was adopted, so it really wasn't about Hester, just bad timing.

2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,290ß
    Ratings:
    +5,454 / 9 / -7
    Its named the Hester Rule because it affected him the most. Obviously it was done to prevent injuries, just like eliminating the wedge formation on kickoffs. But at this point, they might as well just eliminate kickoffs altogether and spot the ball on the 20.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    920ß
    Ratings:
    +2,772 / 8 / -10
    Not disagreeing with the name of the rule, at all, but a lot of Bears fans (myself included) thought, at first, it was BECAUSE of Hester. I agree completely on getting rid of the kickoff. There's really no need for it at this point.

4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,290ß
    Ratings:
    +5,454 / 9 / -7
    Yeah it USED to be a battle for Field Position...now, the returner only escapes past the 20 if the kicking team screws up, so it is mostly pointless by now.

5. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    213ß
    Ratings:
    +407 / 1 / -0
    One mediocre performance? Outside of that one game he's done dick. Allow me to correct myself, outside of one good game, he's been utterly, truly and unequivocally terrible.

6. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    920ß
    Ratings:
    +2,772 / 8 / -10
    He didn't have the chance to return a kick against the Steelers or Vikings, so take 2 games out of 6, and we have 4 games. Out of those 4, he set an NFL record. Taking us down to 3, he's only had 1 bad game. I can't help you if you can't see our special teams isn't very good at blocking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. lklrlolnlilklsox

ßearz ßuckz:
    213ß
    Ratings:
    +407 / 1 / -0
    I can't help it if you can't see the guy going every which way but forward. It's nice that you're so loyal to him, but I'd start giving returns to Ford or Weems at this point.

8. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,290ß
    Ratings:
    +5,454 / 9 / -7
    That is the result of moving the kickoff closer...the kicking team is on your returner that much sooner, making it more difficult to "run forward," so he has to move laterally to find holes. Watch other returns...its more common then you think.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lklrlolnlilklsox

ßearz ßuckz:
    213ß
    Ratings:
    +407 / 1 / -0
    And his crappiness on punts? I know we all want the Devin of old to return, but the guy is making all the wrong cuts and now lacks the game-breaking speed to make up for it.

10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    920ß
    Ratings:
    +2,772 / 8 / -10
    Our coverage team sucks and punters still fear him. Seriously, go back and look at his stat sheet for punt returns against Minnesota and Pittsburgh. ZERO

How many punt returns has he had on the season? SIX

Eric Weems and Ford probably would get the ball kicked to them more, but that would also mean the other team won't punt it out of bounds, giving us good field position, in return.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1