Ron Jaworski: "Cutler not worth a long-term deal"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 15, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,294ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    This is an Insider article so I can't post it here.....just a sentence or two and the LINK. He doesn't like Cutler's inconsistent mechanics, fumble rate (worse than every NFL quarterback except for Michael Vick), low QBR & "warning signs that would scare" him away from a long-term contract.

Jaws: "Based on what I've seen from Cutler this season, I simply don't think he's earned a longer deal, and I would not sign him to a big contract this offseason."

He really slams him for not taking care of the football: "Jay Cutler has fumbled the ball at an alarming rate during his NFL career."

#1 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  2. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    Jaws, you lost a LOT of credibility this season already...

• Like Like x 2
  4. short faced bear

short faced bear
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    842ß
    Yeah no kidding right. I remember when he was on "Edge NFL Matchup" I really enjoyed his analysis then. I don't know if you can regress as a commentator but I would suspect he just tows the modern company line, expounds platitudes, and is in the area of "the current guy is the G.O.A.T." etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,220ß
    He fumbled a lot because he was always getting pressured/sacked. Better OL = less fumbles.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    He's still fumbling to much though, his TD to TO ratio is just short of 1:1(23 td's to 21 turn overs/14int's 7 fumbles).
    In this league it's to important to take care of the ball, and being at a near 1 for 1 is going to cost your team games against the best teams.

7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,294ß
    Jay's pocket awareness could be better. He often doesn't sense the defender about to knock the ball out of his hand. I do think his "internal clock" has been improved a bit with Trestman. He seems to be getting the ball out quicker than in past years.......I don't base that on any stats, it just seems like that from watching him, so I could be wrong.

8. Seqq34

Seqq34
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    265ß
    Not sure what Ron is looking at but Jay's play and numbers are no different than any other year lol He's inaccurate at times, forces plays, doesn't read D's quickly or correctly. Jay has good qualities as well which is why coaches, players and fans fall in love with him...possible potential......guilty here!

IMO Jay will sign a med-high 4 year deal. Hopefully they still draft a QB and let him marinate like Rodgers did in GB...I doubt they will break up the Cutler/Marshall connection next year. I know that sounds childish, but i feel it is the reality of the situation. Kind of reminds me of women who see potential in a guy and think they can change him lol usually ends in divorce...

9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    To be fair, that fumble for a touchdown against the Vikings that almost cost us the game was 100% on the blocking scheme, for allowing someone to hit him from his blindside.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    Part of these fumbles are b/c he holds the ball to low though, ya some fumbles, hell some int's are just going to be great D play's, but all QB's suffer from those; it doesn't mean they end up w/a 1 to 1 ratio though.