Rosenbloom Hits this one Out of the Park

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Nov 6, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    I don't like the guy, but even I have to admit that he is SPOT-ON with this article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...y-cutler-rosenbloom-20131106,0,6057918.column

REMAIN SEATED, JAY.

"I can’t think of one good reason for Jay Cutler to come back as early as Sunday.

Unless he can tackle and play safety.

Cutler’s torn groin reportedly was magically healing to the point that he would play against the Lions only two weeks after he tore his groin. Tore his groin, people.

I know that Cutler is tough, but we’re talking a torn groin. Only two weeks for a torn groin? I’m out for a month just saying that phrase.

For a lot of reasons, the whole idea sounded crazy when ESPN cited a source that said Cutler would play Sunday.

First, Cutler originally was projected to miss at least four weeks and the Bears would re-evaluate him at that time.

Second, Cutler has not been cleared medically to practice, although Dr. Brandon Marshall cleared him a week ago.

Third, the Bears have only two practices instead of three this week, which would give Cutler even less time to get ready.

And fourth, it would be stupid.

On his WMVP-AM 1000 radio show Tuesday, Cutler said, "I don’t think we can say I’ll be out there." That’s not a "No way,"’ and that’s a worry. I’m hoping it’s just Cutler putting blood in the Lions’ urine by forcing them to double their work in practice and the video room to prepare for two Bears quarterbacks.

If it’s anything more than that, be afraid, be very afraid. I’m not a doctor, but I can play one on the web, and it sounds stupid to risk Cutler. Josh McCown can run this offense. He ran this offense as brilliantly as any quarterback could have, even Cutler.

I mean, just look: McCown completed 22 of 41 passes for 272 yards, two touchdowns and zero turnovers in Green Bay, a place where Cutler’s future regularly goes to die. After Cutler was injured early in the game before in Washington, McCown completed 14 of 20 for 204 yards, one touchdown and zero turnovers.

The offense provided enough to be 2-0 with McCown running the offense, but it’s not his fault the Bears defense looks like clown college trying to tackle in a game of tackle football.

Whatever the outcome the last two games, McCown has completed 36 of 61 (59.0) for 476 yards, three TDs and zero interceptions. Just as importantly, McCown has zero turnovers, not even the sack-strip-scoop-and-score that is Cutler’s house special.

McCown’s quarterback rating is 100.2. That’s works. That works well enough to keep Cutler in Bears logoed rehab wear.

Cutler has the better arm. McCown runs the smoother offense with fewer risks. Not having Cutler’s arm forces McCown to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately. McCown is less likely to audible into a pass play because he doesn’t try to throw it into Cutler’s favored small window that is actually a door.

Oh, and McCown is not coming back from an injury. Hel-LO.

The Bears are tied for first place, which tells you how little defense matters in the new NFL. The Bears now hold a tiebreaker on the Packers. They have a chance to get back a tiebreaker against the Lions and take a one-game lead Sunday.

Speaking of the Lions, they’re dirty, so it would be just dumb to expose Cutler to the groin-kicking Ndamukong Suh. Remember, we’re talking about the NFL’s poster child for cheap shots who kicked Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin during a game last November.

I know the Bears frequently hit 10 on the Stupid-O-Meter when making decisions, but this seems like a no-brainer, even for them. Have a seat, Jay. Yes, it’s your job. Just not this week."
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,873 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    wow, just about exactly what I posted in another thread. He gets the "I used more words" prize though...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    yeah, it posted the same thoughts as well, bih. Our opinions don't really matter though, since we don't have our own column with the Tribune. :p
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,873 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    You don't? Want to borrow mine?
  5. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    nah, I'm holding out to take over the mailbag for Biggsy.
  6. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,227 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    143ß
    At least you'll field better questions than the "softballs" Biggs hits every week.
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,301 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    349ß
    I don't disagree with his points or his conclusion but why can no one COUNT??? Rosenbloom is about the 4th person now who keeps saying "it's only been 2 weeks!"

COUNT, people, COUNT. By Sunday it will have been THREE WEEKS, not two.
  8. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    Agreed, my main concern is that there is a pretty good chance that some running might be required from the QB, and McCown is healthy and does have some wheels.

While it might be 3 weeks, I would rather wait and additional week.

Reality is that he had not been cleared by the doctors, and I think this is T-man strategy to force the Lions to prepare for both QBs.
  9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,301 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    349ß
    I agree, MD. It seems a full week early for sure even at 3 (though I at least expect a reporter to get the damn number correct). I'd rather have a 100% McCown in there than an 80% Cutler, especially with dirtbag Suh gunning for a big hit. Escapability trumps arm strength there IMO.
  10. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I too, agree with Rosenbloom. Cutler needs to wait a week or two.
  11. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,586 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    942ß
    yeah, he always gets the award for "Capt Obvious that says things everyone knows already, but with more words"
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +327 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    412ß
    You watch ...... he'll have to scramble on some play and he'll pull up lame . It's just like thinking ur over a pulled hammy cuz it feels allright doing non-football stuff .... and that one instance where u have to extend urself ( put a little more effort into some move ) and WHAP there it goes again - and WORSE than it was b4 . This has DISASTER written all over it . Crazy thinkig ,,,, on everyones part .
  13. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß

I agree,BlueHorse-shoe. Unfortunately, I agree. :(
  14. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,532 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    528ß
    Roosenbloom's occasionally on point, but I kinda miss Jay Mariotti.
  15. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    101ß
    Maybe Trestman wants him to play a bit, hurt his groin more, then we can sign him at a real discounted price?
    But ya seriously any muscle tear hurts like hell and he is gonna be out there limping for his life on a torn groin? Hell might as well give him a walker, at least he can swing it at Such and even up the score
  16. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,532 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    528ß
    If Cutler shows to be as healthy as advertised, and has a good game Sunday (reporters were unimpressed with his media workout), the leverage would have to go back to him for both: busting his ass to come back twice as early from an injury and getting us in the division lead heading into week 11.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    Where did you read that reporters came away from his practice "unimpressed?" Just curious. Biggsy said Cutler looked good.
  18. kevperro

kevperro Veteran

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    82ß
    Hopefully the Bears are just playing with the Lions game planning. I agree completely... no reason to bring Jay back for this game.
  19. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,636 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,132ß
    Good read.

20. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +327 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz: