Rosenbloom pops off again

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Nov 1, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +225 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    The sad thing is that Rosenbloom is right this time. I hate to admit it, but I do agree with most of what he's saying there. There has to be some accountability for the failed defense the Bears rolled out this year. As many have pointed out, this defense stunk before the injury bug hit. Emery, Trestman & Tucker are ultimately accountable for the failed defense, IMHO.

I understand it's not going to get fixed this year. But next year's team sure better be seriously upgraded, or the honeymoon for Emery & Trestman is over, as far as I'm concerned. Tucker is already dead to me.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    This is one of the few times I agree with Rosenbloom here. Just goes to show you that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +980 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    That was interesting. As much as I think most of this can be pinned on Tucker, I think Rosenbloom is painting it with too broad a brush. Yes, Tucker is playing people out of position. Several people. But he does not really have the people on the shelf to put in the right spots. So to pin all of that on him is not fiar IMO. The D sucks, but injuries are real and the holes are plugged as best he can. He can play some people we would all like to see (and maybe some would be better (IDK).

I don't blame him so much for having people trying to fill holes, which seemed to be Rosenblooms biggest issue. I blame him for not being able to field a reasonable D after injuries. Other coaches seem to be able to do better in that regard. Some of the talk is that the players are not hitting their responsibilities and are not where they need to be. Who's fault is that? They are not playing with fire. Whose fault is that. And yes, they are playing like crap, when they were playing better last year. Even when healthy - and with most of the same guys. Whose fault is that?

Those, I think are more relevant issues that beating on a guy for playing guys out of position when you have injuries. They should STILL be playing better than they are.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Rosenbloom seems to go right to the edge on his comments/articles. Everything he said was based in truth, but he downplayed the limits the coaches have to respond. For example, if Tucker (I am not a fan) benched Peppers he would be run out of town. It's a similar story on playing Wooten at tackle, there isn't much choice right now.

The truth certainly hurts, but it's even more disappointing we don't have the depth to respond to poor play and injuries.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Calabis

Calabis Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Put Woot at DE so Shea can go to bench. Sign a DT to take up room...but Emery is not doing that. I don't get it.
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    It seems like there is plenty of blame to go around. It all adds up to a failed season. Some things you can't do anything about (injured players) but great coaches and GM's find ways to minimize the damage. So far I don't see much brilliance here. Just an offense-minded head coach - much like Lovie was all defense-minded. It just feels like we've swapped one extreme to go to the other (Lovie was a D guy and Trestman is an O guy). If a head coach only knows one side of the ball, offense or defense, then it is CRITICALLY IMPORTANT that he have a rock-solid coordinator in place to manage his "blind side" and Lovie failed to do this on offense, and so far it looks like Trestman may have whiffed on defense.
    • Like Like x 6
  8. MikeV

MikeV Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    That could be the plan once Ratliff is healthy enough to play...I don't don't know how much hell I can give the GM (that actually fixed one of the worst o's in the league in 2 years) or the rookie head coach (offensive minded) for not having a pro bowl 4th string DT or not knowing that Julius Peppers (who was awesome last season) would explode in to a brick wall and become useless. I can certainly place some blame on Tucker for missed assignments and for lack of passion/intensity/aggression however we want to put it...but he gets a small amount of leeway on the assignments due to the insane amount of injuries. I do wonder if Ray Horton or Rob Ryan would have been able to embrace a form of the lovie defense, while bringing in they're own wrinkles and keeping the defense in the top 16. Just some thoughts, but I can't get mad at Phil Emery for any thing yet, until I see how the team (defense mostly) is r e-tooled next season. Also at the end of the day, we are 1, albeit huge, upset away from being in 1st place after 8 games.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    I agree that the GM needs this upcoming draft, his 3rd with the Bears, to fix the defense. He was given a team with a lot of personnel problems to fix, so he gets a pass again this year (the Shea draft was a bad one though).

Trestman doesn't have to be a defensive minded genius, but he needs a solid DC to cover his weaknesses in this regard. Tucker doesn't look very special to me so far. It pretty much looks like his unit is "going through the motions" at best, and may have quit on him at worst.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +225 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think that A LOT Of us doubted the Tucker hire when it was made, and thus far he hasn't done jack to quell our collective concerns. The point about Trestman requiring a STRONG D-Coordinator is spot on!! He needs a Buddy Ryan who is willing to just tell him, "yo Marky Mark, I got this. You just worry about your offense. The D belongs to me and my guys WILL BE READY TO PLAY!"
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,873 / 8 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    47ß
    You agree with it because it is common knowledge that everyone knows. He might as well get on his soapbox to tell us that water is wet while he is at it.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +225 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    water can be soft OR hard. ;)
  13. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +190 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yeah, the title should have been "Rosenberg POOPS off again" !
    ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +980 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    Rosie is a bomb-throwing provocateur no doubt. He likes to play the role of the hyper-critical asshole. This is a multi-factorial problem that will require multiple fixes to remedy.

Injuries have forced players out of position and forced some to play more than they should.
    Emery whiffed on Shea/Hardin therefore there is no depth at DE or Safety.
    Tucker has failed to be Trestman's "right hand man" as a needed D-guru and motivator for an offensive-minded HC.
    Some players (Pep, Conte, Wright) are simply sucking more than any of us expected.
    And the offense isn't generating the type of consistent WCO ball control that might give the D a fighting chance to hang.

As another poster said earlier, the only hope (and a slim one I admit) left for this season is to sign a guy like Ratliff if possible to play inside, allowing Wooton to move back to his better position outside, which moves Shea mostly to the bench, which makes Bass the 3rd DE rather than the 2nd, which MIGHT, JUST MAYBE result in enough pass rush to protect our hapless safeties in coverage.

Other than that series of "ifs", its on to the offseason and wholesale changes.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +225 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    ^^^ in other words, it's on to the off-season and wholesale changes! lol ;)
  16. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +980 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    Afraid so...
  17. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +225 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    well, at the very least, the off-season should be interesting! IN EMERY WE TRUST!!!! (until he gives us ample reason to doubt him!-tee-hee)
  18. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +980 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    Ratliff signed.
    See above
  19. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Sounds like Jay Mariotti.
  20. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    That is encouraging. His agent says he's still 2-4 weeks from being able to play, but that's fine. They signed him to a 1 year deal.