Rosenbloom pops off again

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Nov 1, 2013.

1. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I know that Gregg Williams is avilabile next year (I think he signed a 1-year deal with Tennessee) do you think he'd be a good DC for the Bears?
  2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,680 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,051ß
    Doesnt really matter, they are not going to dump Tucker after a single season.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,023 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,723ß
    Tonight I was reading about Tucker's coaching background/history. I didn't realize that he has a pretty solid background/history. In light of that, the Bears should give him the players to succeed next year, and see how he does. I'm beginning to think this season, on the defensive side, was probably doomed before the first game was even played. Emery is going to be the key to turning the defense around. If he can pull a serious talent upgrade by next season, then maybe Mel will prove to be a solid DC.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    His biggest problem is that he doesn't have shit to work with at the moment IMO but usually with the right coaching in most cases you can overcome that but the Defense is so bad that I don't think even Buddy Ryan could do a good job.

I agree 100%. I was just floating a trial balloon. I think Mel needs to be given another year with a proper defense. Ofcorse Phil needs to give him the tools he needs to work with.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +985 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,128ß
    Totally agree. Just because you have an offensive minded HC doesn't mean you have to completely neglect the defense.

And to be honest, I'd rather have monster defense and average offense than a #11 ranked o and shitty defense.

This is Chicago we're talking about. Chicago has always had a monster defense. Bring back the D, Phil!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +985 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,128ß
    No. Don't want my Bears to be connected to any dirty people.
  7. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +240 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    202ß
    I looked into his background and I am not impressed. The teams he was the DC for did not have good w/l records and there are a lot of points against. There are a couple of highlights in some years like TO, but for the most part not great.

I agree this year is not 'his fault.' I want to see him build a traditional Bears quality defense. I have my doubts he is the guy to do it.
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,613 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    672ß
    You're talking about the DC of the Jets, when Vilma was a rookie, and ranked #4 overall. When Vilma suffered his knee injury, and Chad Pennington suffered his first shoulder injury, the team tanked in '05, and then Herm Edwards and his entire staff was fired, and total sh*t coach Eric Mangini turned it into a 3-4, and completely changed it, when it wasn't needed after one bad year.
  9. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß
    thanks for FINALLY changing your avatar, Lil' H. I appreciate it. :)