Roster Reset: Packers stand apart in NFCN

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by little bear, Apr 16, 2014.

1. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    187ß
    Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -0
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!

Bring back Bob Avellini!

[​IMG]

2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,573ß
    Ratings:
    +1,472 / 4 / -0
    Heres a list of memory lane
    upload_2014-4-16_20-30-43.png

3. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,190ß
    Ratings:
    +2,121 / 7 / -3
    How 'bout if we just make a rule that from now on that we refer to them as "they who must not be named". LOL

• Like Like x 2
  4. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,190ß
    Ratings:
    +2,121 / 7 / -3

Some real doozies on that list. Keep that around BSB and every time one of the Cutler hater's posts put that up and ask if they'd prefer to go back to those days.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,333ß
    Ratings:
    +4,622 / 4 / -1
    As much as we despise Green Bay, it is a class organization. And like you point out, it's not just Aaron Rodgers. Long before Rodgers arrived they were winning championships. Over the last 20 years they've been in the playoffs 16 of those 20 years. They have 13 World Championships, most in the NFL. Even the stinking Super Bowl trophy is named after one of THEIR coaches. In recent years they OWN us. It takes a class organization to do this over the past 90 or so years. To think it's all an "Aaron Rodgers thing" is laughable. It's the organization. The franchise itself. It's a model for success and winning championships.

Our job is to get off our ass and do what they do.

I think we have a good start with George McCaskey, Emery & Trestman here. We've had some mediocre (and worse) front office people and coaches over the years......but now it looks like the organization has (finally) got some quality people here. It begins with them. Let's watch them build something great here in Chicago. This is just the beginning. Might take another year or two to really get to where we need to be. Getting the defense rebuilt is a good start, now that we have a respectable offense. We need some better depth all around on offense AND defense too.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,190ß
    Ratings:
    +2,121 / 7 / -3
    That's very good sentiment and it seems that after too many years that's what beginning to happen and I mark the start of it to when George took over as COB. Michael was the worst person possible to be in charge of that team for so many years and even the old man new that. GSH had very little if any respect for Ed McCaskey and I believe he had little more for Michael who he thought was far too much like him in many respects. And before anyone points out that he went to Yale let me say all that does is make one educated, not smart. IMHO there is a difference.

I joke a lot about Green Bay and some of it with good reason but I lived there and around there for a very long time and I have a deep respect for the people there and their work ethic. The Packers have been very good for that town and they set a standard that many have learned to live by myself included. When St. Vince was coaching there he had a thing called "Lombardi Time". That meant you were where you were supposed to be 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Simply "on time" wasn't good enough. Then you were late. It's not so much perfection as it is precision.

People there have been influenced by many of the principals the Packer organization has espoused over the years and yes, they've had their share of dildos running things at times too. But that organization has developed a kind of precision in certain ways that has kept them and will always keep them competitive and permeates through much of the other businesses and industry there. They have a lot of pride in being this God damn little town on the edge of the tundra that everybody in the civilized world has heard of and they plan on keeping it that way. If you want to beat them then you have to do it better. There ain't no other way because they're awfully good at not beating themselves. All of them.

7. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    827ß
    Ratings:
    +1,061 / 0 / -0
    MoldyVort. Works for me. :smilebig:

• Like Like x 2
  8. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,190ß
    Ratings:
    +2,121 / 7 / -3
    For me too. And their current QB Doredumble as well. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    551ß
    Ratings:
    +782 / 1 / -0
    If Rogers is so F'n good, why did it take him so long to win against a dog shit defense and a last minute desperation play to beat the Bears? If he is so F'n fantastic he should have blown out the worst defense in the league and won the next game. Oh, that's right he LOST next game. Yeah the pack is so far ahead Bears in talent....especially now that they have the defense dynamo in Pep. It's the 1st time in long time pack won't be the team that will be putting fear in the Bear's eyes. I think the pack will be the 3rd best team in the Bears division this year they have gotten weaker on both sides of the ball this year. Minnesota is going be the bottom dwellers so pack can't fall that far this year there's always hope though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,190ß
    Ratings:
    +2,121 / 7 / -3
    Cause we finally got an offense nanny, nanny, boo boo. LOL :bearbang[1]:

Actually they're only one Aaron Rodgers up on us now but we're catching up. Seriously, he's been the difference maker for them in almost every game. That's why I say take Rodgers out of his game and we win. They aren't totally one dimensional but Rodgers is the straw that stirs the drink up there. Look at what happened when he was out.