Roster Reset: Packers stand apart in NFCN

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by little bear, Apr 16, 2014.

1. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    53ß

That list is impressive in quantity. In quality, not-so-much.

Let's not forget Vince:

[​IMG]
  2. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +706 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    321ß
    One of my early Bears memories: Howard Cosell announcing. Running on and on (just like Madden over Farve) about how athletic Vince was. All the while Vince was running for a TD, and trips over his own two feet at the 5. No TD. How athletic!

Although I will always honor Vince and the team for that 61-7 stomping of the "MoldyVorts" in 1980.
  3. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +483 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    I disagree with the article that seems to state the Pack are way ahead of the division. I think for this division it will be a 2 horse race between us and the pack. The Vikes are in trouble unless they catch lightning in a bottle with some rookie qb. The Lions even if they do okay come week 13 and beyond will still pull a Lions.

The gap has narrowed and the only advantage the Pack have is Rodgers. There are numerous ways that this can be countered with guys we have

A. Cutler quits finding ways to lose, and instead plays up the the contract we gave him. He has been a revolving door of excuses and there are absolutely no more excuses. I mean c'mon Rodgers does not have the line he does, the WRs he does, nor the back he does (when you take passing into account) Cutler has looked like a born loser since he came to Chicago, and he still has time to erase that legacy...but for now like it or not thats what it is.

B. Our new DL can wreak havoc on Rodgers and co. If they all preform up to what they are capable of, Rodgers could be under siege early and often. We keep seeing examples of great qbs looking very bad against a good rush. We need constant pressure. Not just flash sacks here and there. Their line is not that great at all, it can be exploited.

C. We simply outscore them. This goes back to the Cutler thing, but we have a great offense that can drop 40 pretty much when they feel like it (provided cutler helps, not hurts that) They really don't have a defense nor have they really worked to restore it. If we have to win 55-54 then so be it.
  4. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    53ß

That list is impressive in quantity. In quality, not-so-much.

Let's not forget Vince:

[​IMG]