Round 1 Pick 14 The Chicago Bears Select CB Kyle Fuller

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 8, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    If that had been Chicago at 24, they wouldn't have drafted him though, b/c backup qb's aren't needs those are luxuries to be drafted 1yr before your starter retires. :)

2. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Well there were lots of rumors of Favre retiring when they drafted Rodgers that year. So it wasn't a far fetched idea.

3. Bearstuff

Bearstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member

As I heard it from a former Titans scout who does a radio spot, there are issues with what doctors saw as a narrowing of his spine. The scout said that a few teams took him off their board all together.

4. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Word on twitter is that Fuller will wear #23.

We'll have a guy who wears 23 and actually plays defense AND special teams.

I kid. I kid. I love Devin Hester.

5. Chicago_66

Chicago_66
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I sense a hint of sarcasm in ric's post. Never a bad idea to draft a QB, Emery's even said he'd take one every year if he had the luxury. I imagine once we get this team stabilized he'll be going BPA with a look at the future of who's declining/retiring/expecting a contract too large. I love what he's done so far and I think once we don't have these essentially do or die needs he'll be even better at drafting. Sadly we'll be handicapped by Angelo for at least a couple more years.

Really? I remember someone saying there was some medical issues but I never knew what it was. That sounds sketchy as hell, what can a narrowing of his spine result in? As much as I don't want him to succeed I hope he doesn't get some injury during a game that affects his life outside of football.

I did it, I like the number 23 for DB's. Azzuummaahhh

• Like Like x 1
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Pretty much what I figured. Was not sure about all in rd 1 but did not think they would last til our 2nd pick. Look for possible LB Telvin Smith for SS and maybe Aikens Rd 4 or 5 for FS. Gonna be interesting, Joyner next best S with 3rd rd grade, Loston and Dixon with 4th and 5th rd grades. Think this will be an out of box pick as teams will reach for known Safeties with so much demand and so little supply

• Like Like x 1
  7. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Stenosis, or a narrowing of the spine affects the nerves. It can result in numbness/pain in the legs. If the stenosis is higher in the spine that could result in numbness/pain in the neck/shoulders. Not great for a football player.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Bearstuff

Bearstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member

A narrowing of the spine supposedly makes you more susceptible to bruising your spinal cord.

I think we just drafted Tillman 2.0. Speculating about what could have been is even worse than a thousand mocks, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

Fuller is gonna really help us, especially this first year, in keeping the slot receiver shut down, which we haven't REALLY had since 06/07. With teams playing nickle on as much as 60% of downs, drafting a CB to be your NB for his first year is actually a very good idea.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I'm glad Kyle Fuller will be wearing #23.

I love Devin Hester and he's one of my favorite Bears players of all time but he was a one trick pony who needed to perform on offense or defense to justify his pay/roster spot.