Round 1 Pick 14 The Chicago Bears Select CB Kyle Fuller

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 8, 2014.

1. JT Bonfire

JT Bonfire
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Unless they're completely inept, you don't, as an organization, play this kid at safety for a year or two, with plans to move him to CB upon Tillman's departure. Pick GD position and stick to it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ctree5454

Ctree5454
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Think the safety's were overrated from the start..didn't see much difference between haha, Pryor, Buchanan and ward

3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,157ß
    let me amend my prev statement, QB is the one position that imo doesn't have to start year 1, but all other positions should be starting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BearJim

BearJim
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    I agree Ric. Maybe Ward or Bucanon will be there @ 51.

5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,963ß
    Kind of how I see it too, but we did need a CB and I think he will be good. We did need a CB, but I'm not sure that he will play much this year. We already have a pretty good CB corp. But he should be a major contributor next year if Peanut leaves. I guess we are betting he does. I would rather have gone with a position that would have contributed and upgraded our team immediately. That's what I look for a 1st pick to do.

Pryor just went to the Jets, so I really hope Emery had him rated properly.

Welcome to Chicago Kyle.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tbear1

tbear1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    403ß
    I agree. If he doesn't start somewhere this year, I think it is a questionable pick.

7. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,236ß
    I like it, I suspect he will be the nickel corner, I think another cb is coming to be FS. Possibly Aikens in rd 5, which is position he played first 2 yrs in college.

8. Trackguy

Trackguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    You don't know that. Maybe Emery views the Safeties this year as deep and feels there is a bigger falloff at CB after the top few picks than there is at safety.

I'm sure everyone would like to see a bona fide starter with the first pick but if they have Fuller pegged as their lock down CB for the next eight years, it makes all the sense in the world.

• Like Like x 1
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,157ß
    Don't get me wrong, if Dix and or Pryor were off the Board I'd be all about this pick, but S was a bigger need then CB, and CB is far deeper then S. So grabbing one of the top S's was a better option then grabbing a NOT best CB.

Track, this is just a trend I'll have to get used to w/Emery I know he doesn't give a *blank* and is going to go w/his guy regardless of what lands on his plate that is a better option.

But in no way is Pryor/Dix not a better option then Fuller at 14 when you have 0 starting quality S's on your roster and have 2 pro bowl CB's, even if it's only for a year.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,206ß
    Well im sure he will see playing time in different packages this season, so he WILL see some field time, hopefully he produces in the limited chances he gets this year. If so, then this was a solid pick. If not? Then we seriously will start to question Emery's first round record, especially on defense.