Round 1 Pick 14 The Chicago Bears Select CB Kyle Fuller

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 8, 2014.

1. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    197ß
    Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I guess I should say benefited to the point where he's not near the player he's billed to be.

2. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    142ß
    Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I like th epick and its a need we had to fill

3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,765ß
    Ratings:
    +3,601 / 13 / -0
    yeah... but usually you lie to us :-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. latorreedgar

latorreedgar Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    481ß
    Ratings:
    +681 / 3 / -0
    With his skillset, I wish the Hokies would have done us a solid and left him at S. I like what he can do, but Dix going to GB just makes me cringe. Emery is going to look like a genius or an idiot on this one, only time will tell. My question is what will happen to Frey. He didn't blow anyone away last year but did not think he deserved a demotion by any means. This is out there, I mean way out there but anyone think Frey gets TC looks at S?

• Like Like x 1
  6. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,824ß
    Ratings:
    +2,226 / 1 / -0
    I like the pick. I too would have liked a safety there, but I'm ok with Fuller too. In this league you need 3 good corners, and with the weapons we'll have to face he is going to come in handy. I'm thinking DT in the second now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BearDownUnder

BearDownUnder Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Maybe let him and Fuller battle it out for the Nickle. Loser goes to back up Tillman. Remember Tillman didn't just struggle with the season ending injury he struggled making it through trainings and games as well, every chance he needs back up regularly through the year even if he isn't out.

The other option is to run some dime packages with multiple corners and Frey/Fuller playing a hybrid safety type role. If we can get pressure with 4 up front we can follow the lead of Pittsburgh/New Orleans etc with a heap of DB's on the field. Only question is whether Mel Tucker has that in his plan.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,765ß
    Ratings:
    +3,601 / 13 / -0
    I don't like that we had to pick Fuller, but I like the pick if that makes sense.
    Reading between the lines (or perhaps reading what I want to read!), it sounded like Emery switched gears when Donald was picked. With that being the case, Emery said that he picked Fuller "the player". In other words, I think he realized that S was the bigger need, but that Fuller himself was too good a player to pass up. I agree with how he did it. We had a need at both positions (although really the need for CB could have waited until next year), but he saw a player he felt very strongly about and it trumped the positional need. I agree with that. It is the individuals out on the field that will determine the outcome of games. If he feels that Fuller is a difference maker and would make more a difference than anyone available in a position of real need like S, then you have to go that route. I am anxious to see him develop. I wish like hell that Donald had been there, but STL knew what we wanted and jumped it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BelieveInMonsters

ßearz ßuckz:
    171ß
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    If the so-called experts don't like the Fuller pick and they're downplaying it, then I like the pick even more because the talking heads don't know WTF they're talking about most of the time anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,318ß
    Ratings:
    +4,619 / 4 / -1
    +1

I figure there's a good chance that this guy will probably start this year if either of our older starting CB's are injured. He's primarily a top-tier cornerback for when Peanut is gone next year, but my point is that he's also much-needed depth for this year too. We learned the hard way last season what a lack of quality depth on defense does to your season - it flushes it down the toilet. I would have loved to have drafted Pryor in this draft, but I'm not disappointed with this pick at all. This is a kid that can step into some mighty big shoes next year - Charles Tillman's (no, I wasn't talking about J'Marcus Webb's untied size 23 shoes :lol 027: ),

• Like Like x 2