Round 2 Pick 51 The Chicago Bears Select DT Ego Ferguson

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 9, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,778ß
    I really wanted Hageman. I was sick when he went off the board. And to be honest, I was sick when Donald went 1 pick before us. It made me angry. But I'm hoping it all works out for us anyway.
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,285 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,704ß
    yeah, but I didn't think he would make it. My heart wanted him to, but my mind said he would be gone.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,654 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,839ß
    I wanted Hagemen or Jernigan also but they weren't there, no reason to cry over spilled milk. The team took the best NT on the board for a 4-3; still would have liked Nix, but that just wasn't going to happen, Ego is a great fit at NT in a 4-3 scheme.
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,778ß
    One thing is that after the FA acquisitions and the draft, I've got to believe this year's defense is substantially better. Not only starters but better depth too. It's not a finished product by any means, but we did get a lot better, and hopefully we'll be healthier this year too. Now let's see if these D coaches can coach.
  5. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,654 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,839ß
    right now the only weakness is the S position. apparently the "experts" where correct the Bears just don't give a shit about S's. they don't draft them high or think they are necessary. Mundy and Jennings are not starting quality S's, and Conte proved he's not either and apparently they just don't give a F.....
  6. BearDownUnder

BearDownUnder Veteran

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    This kid reminds me of big Pot Roast from Denver.

Big, naturally heavy but with some easy movement. He's a NT with moves. He might be picked early but I like him. And he'll be surrounded by veteran talent.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß

He fits the profile as the kind of guy Tucker uses as a 2 tech run stuffer. Pasqualoni seemed to make a big deal out of that when they brought him in for a look. He's the guy they took to replace Ratliff in another year or two but man he's raw. He couldn't even dominate in college so he's got a really long way to go before he can even think about stepping into Ratliff's shoes.

I think Hageman was their guy in two but after he and Jernigan and Tuitt all went quickly Emery was left with Ferguson. So in both of the first two rounds things just didn't fall the way we'd have liked them to. I would have passed on this guy and drafted another position but I think they were so bent on drafting a DT in one or two that in this case they jumped when they shouldn't have.

Time will tell and I hope I'm wrong.
  8. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +993 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,141ß
    I wanted Hageman really bad. Emery chose a smiliar guy, I can't really complain. He's definitely adding value to our DL. Keep up the good work.
  9. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +408 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    I think that's a real key point, he won't be all alone and asked to turn this line around. He's got Jared Allen, Lamarr Houston, Willie Young, Jeremiah Ratliff, and Nate Collins (who's damn good) all rotating in and out around him while he's in there. He's a big improvement for our run game and we can pull him off in pass rushing while he gets more comfortable with it and he gets to rest while we get set Allen/Young/Houston/DT after the QB on passing downs. I'm digging this DL. I bet next year we get some DE's to attack the QB once Allen goes. I'm very curious as to who and what position they are targeting with these remaining 4 picks. Bear down
  10. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,654 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,839ß
    Next year we'll need DE's, LB's, S's, CB's, and probably need an OT, WR, and TE, and definitely a legit heir apparent to Forte.

bit Ego and Sutton are the future of the interior DL, and that's a bright future for the Bears
    • Like Like x 1