Round 3 Pick 82 the Chicago Bears Draft DT Will Sutton

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 9, 2014.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    yeah. Can't complain. Like I say, not completely blown away by any of the picks, but to be really honest, they all could end up being special players. I certainly can't say anything bad. I might have done something different, but then if what I wanted to do mattered, someone would have offered me a job as a GM. And if they had, I'm sure I would have remembered that.

I think we are done with DT. If we pick another, I would be stunned. I think Desir might still be a pick for us if he is still there, but LB, S, RB, TE and maybe WR are all still possible for tomorrow.

2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

No the DL is done, they got DT and NT and the group was already crowded, there's a good chance someone on the current team could be cut....paea/collins I'm looking at you

• Like Like x 1
  3. Akuma2000

Akuma2000
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Another good pick, Emery is making our defensive line strong like the great wall of china.....lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. butka

butka
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

This is a decent value in the 3rd. If he can get to 290-295ish, I think he could be a good 3-tech. He got lazy on the field this last season, but also showed flashes. Just keep him away from the J'Marcus Webb diet plan. I read he's actually a pretty hard worker in the weight room and won an award for such at ASU. So maybe if they get his diet straight....

• Like Like x 1
  5. strockrocks

strockrocks
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

1) Kyle Fuller - the right pick. Safe, not sexy pick. Good job Emery even though some are still grumbling... ha ha

2) Ego - similar pick to Kyle Long - high learning curve - worked out well.

3) Sutton - similar pick to Alshon. Weight flucuation; excellent production the prior year - worked out well.

4) Allen, Houston, Sutton, Ratliff, Young, Ego, Collins, Paea, Bass If that's not bigger and badder and better in one season, I don't know what is. Hope they all gel personality wise and kick some major ass.

• Like Like x 5
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

CornWash might want to look into seeing if he can compete at OLB b/c right now he's on the outside looking cut

7. latorreedgar

latorreedgar
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

Summary: Sutton was in the running as one of the best defensive linemen in college football in 2012. He was right up there with Jadeveon Clowney, Star Lotulelei, Sheldon Richardson and Sharrif Floyd. In fact, Sutton had a better 2012 season than Aaron Donald as he was one of the nation's best pass rushers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I love this pick. Really looks like Sutton could be a steal.

9. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Double Z said he had Sutton as the 2nd best 3 Tech in the draft, next to Donald, and thought he MIGHT be better then Donald.

10. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

Very similar story to Alshon, if I can add that optimism. I guess I can get a bit too low on my Devil's players, and he's certainly got the technique and motor to be a very, very good player. However, I just was so soured on him last year that I still have a very emotionally biased, illogical attitude toward him.

• Like Like x 1