Round 3 Pick 82 the Chicago Bears Draft DT Will Sutton

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 9, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 2 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,709ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    That's what people said about CornWash. And he turned out to be.... well, you know.

Gonna be honest with you guys, I'm not a big fan of Sutton. His weight problem really concerns me. Isn't he also a little too short?

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  2. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    167ß
    Short concerns me more than weight, you can't fix height. Alshon had major flags for weight concerns too, to the point where he was a top 10 pick talk until his senior year. Sutton is reportedly already at 295, the weight he played at his junior year when he dominated. I'd be aware of the weight, but I wouldn't be overly concerned. The guy has NFL heritage and these role models are going to harp on him, couple that with working out in the NFL I think he'll be fine. He was a weight room warrior and awarded for such when he was in college, I think with an NFL training regiment he'll be just fine in the weight department. He's what.. an inch shorter than Donald? If you're clamoring for Donald (not sure if you were specifically, just making a point) then you shouldn't be raising too much hell about him. The guy was an absolute animal his junior year and was in the talk with Clowney and the rest of the best DL. Obviously he's not Clowney, but he was in the talk of those 3-5 best DL in the nation. He's Alshon 2.0.

• Like Like x 1
  3. little bear

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 2 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,709ß
    I'm not. ^^ That's also why I didn't want a DT in the first round.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    82ß
    I am a bit surprised that we took 2 DT on day 2. Hopefully this mean the DL is almost set for the nexy many years.
    We'll just have to wait and see but once again Emery fixed? a line for us in an off-season.

5. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    167ß
    It's getting Donald caliber talent in round 3. As a junior he had 13 sacks and 23.5 TFL from the DT position. To me, that's extreme value for a 3rd rounder. He screams Alshon Jeffery to me. Everyone thought Jeffery was too fat and slow so he slipped and slipped and the Bears made a move to go up and grab him. Sutton fell into our lap in the 3rd.

6. little bear

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 2 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,709ß
    Our starting DL was already set before the draft, now we added useful depth. DL is done and hopefully "fixed".

Still need a linebacker, another defensive back and a backup TE.

7. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    82ß
    While it was already set I thought at least we could use another passrushing DT, and I havnt read too much about Will Sutton yet but he seems to fit that mold.

Collins/Sutton/Ego/Ratliff/Paea+Houston? Yikes.. gl running over us this year

8. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    167ß
    Going from essentially Peppers/Paea(half hurt)/Wootton/McClellin to this defensive line? Wow, what a difference one calender Emery year can make.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +324 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    357ß
    Agree. Going into camp, we have a much stronger DL this year verses last years OL. I hope we can exceed the turn around on offense last year. We really need it to make it into the playoffs. I am more worried about Tucker than talent at safety right now.

10. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    167ß
    A legitimate concern. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.. we were decimated by injuries and he was essentially told run Lovie's scheme, or as close to that as you can. Maybe with his own hybrid scheme and freedom as a playcaller coupled with a healthy defense (fingers crossed) he'll be much improved in year 2 as a DC. If not we got Paul P waiting to take over. I'm cautiously optimistic and I'll give him this year to see what he really brings to the table as our DC.

• Like Like x 1