Round 4 Pick 117 Chicago Bears Draft RB Ka'Deem Carey

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 10, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,261 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,060ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Good pick if Forte gets hurt, insurance pick I guess. Still wondering where are the Safeties.

2. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +266 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    87ß
    There aren't even any DRAFTABLE safeties left according to most. We'll figure it out

3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    How can anyone compare him to Wolfe other than his height? Wolfe was around the same height but went around 185lbs and was a lightweight scat back. This kid is 20-25lbs heavier and has the power of a guy who plays at 220lbs.

I'm not all that hopped up by the pick but he is the kind of guy who could move a pile and be a tough inside runner if they can tech him to keep his pad level down. He can catch and he's willing to pass block so he's got the tools an NFL would want.

Personally I would have waited and taken a RB later on but it's tough to argue with the pick based on Carey's body of work and his versatility. In past drafts when RBs were valued more he probably would have gone higher.

4. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    144ß
  5. JoeBear

JoeBear Veteran

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    53ß
    This is a great pick at 4th round. This kid is a pit bull. He short, but tough. He is very much a Ray Rice type runner. He will be a great complement to Forte. He is not a goal line bruiser, but we have seen how useless goal line bruisers can be today (ala M. Bush). This guy can score from 5 yards out.

I have watched him at UA for several years. I think he is going to surprise a lot of people.

• Like Like x 4
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    I hear ya' on his overall speed but if he has good instincts and can hit a hole fast and hard he might be a good short yardage and goaline back. This isn't a guy whose gonna average 5 ypc in the NFL but if he can get tough yards and not fumble he's got a shot at sticking around.

7. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    This guy is nothing like Garret Wolfe. Wolfe was a speedy little guy. This kid is thick, power runner with great feet, who can block & catch. Really a 1st rd talent who fell to us in rd 4 due to off the field issues & his forty time. He's not the fastest RB but he has very good exceleration thru the hole.

• Like Like x 2
  8. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    144ß
  9. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +266 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    87ß
  10. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    167ß
    So the big drawback is speed? Any other foibles someone who doesn't know much about him should be aware of? That's a shame if it's that big of an issue. I hope he translates well.