Round 4 Pick 131 Chicago Bears Draft SS Brock Vereen

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 10, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,898ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Another versatile DB, I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    339ß
    Smart and a wrap up hard hitter who has pose and can make WRs hearing foot steps, great pick. I looked at him but he I thought might slip a bit later but great pick up.

3. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,866ß
    Vereen at this point is one of the better bargains in the draft. I think this is a kid who has the potential to be a leader like Mike Brown and has the speed and range to play FS. Between Fuller and Vereen and the signing of Mundy that defensive backfield is a lot more secure than it was a year ago.

Out of all of the picks I like this one and Sutton in the 3rd as well as any of them. I think we found two very good core players in these two without having to spend high picks on them. I think Vereen could start at FS and if Sutton can play at 285-290lbs again he's gonna be a troublemaker at DT.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BearDownUnder

BearDownUnder Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    69ß
    So Sutton has had weight problems and Ego and Carey off field issues!

But like Long they hopefully seem reformed.

That said how hard is it to stay out of trouble through high school and college? Depends on circumstances as it's a lot easier if you've got a supportive family etc and every college kids entitled to have a bit of fun I guess. But yeah I do hope these guys are going to show their good character.

5. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    217ß
    Weight issue doesn't seem that big of a deal to me in Suttons case. Coach said put it on, he added a lot of weight and didn't do it the correct way. Now he's back down to the weight he was at before he added all the unnecessary weight. Didn't see anything about Ego, what'd he do?