Round 6 Pick 191 Chicago Bears Draft P Pat O'Donnell

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, May 10, 2014.

1. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    804ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I like the pick esp. for a 6th. We nab one of the top punters come out before he goes UDFA and infuses competition to the spot. Might as well pick up some ST depth at this point.

2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,598ß
    O'Donnell benched more than Clowney at the Combine:

• Like Like x 3
  3. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    113ß
    Judging by your post awhile back I thought you might like this pick. We haven't had a kick ass punter, pun intended, for a long time. I hope this guy is it.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,697ß
    the Chicagobears.com scout said that one of the things that impressed the Bears was how much he took care of his body as well as practiced his craft.

5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß

Maybe he plays Mike as well, and Emery is just the only one who sees it. Or maybe, we can fake punts and run punter dive.

6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß

out of curiosity...why? I don't know much about him what stands out from Van who I assumed was a consensus number one punter this year?

7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    584ß
    Chicago reporters are making this out like he was pick in 1 or 2nd round. He's a solid punter and probably the fastest and strongest punter Bears will ever have. My prediction is he will outlast all the players from this draft not just from Bears picks all players drafted. To me that amount to a sensational pick in the bottom of the 6th round.

• Like Like x 1
  8. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    249ß
    The top three all had huge legs, what separates him is a tremendous athleticism and dedication to being as fit as possible in order to best do his job. That dedication in the weight room might seem silly to some for a punter, but it's indicative of the way he carries himself as a man and the dedication to his craft. That's awesome intangibles on top of awesome tangibles.

9. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    215ß
    I think we found our DE of the future ladies and gents.

Heh, seriously though, what a beast. At least if it's one of those "AND WITH THE PUNTER TO BEAT" moments I won't hang my head with knowledge we're about to be scored on. Someone on here was saying he's tackled the returner multiple times and even caused a fumble or two. Maybe on October 12th we can watch him blow up Hester on a return or two. I'd love for Hester to beat the record, but not against us.

10. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    215ß
    That's been my favorite thing I've read about him. He cares deeply about his craft and his body, and works his ass off to continually improve both. Work ethic is huge for me and this guy has it.

• Like Like x 1