RUMOR: Jay Cutler has a torn tendon

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,878ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Its hard to predict with kids going into the draft at different years. Used to be you just looked at Senior classes, but once Juniors started getting Heismans consistently, then they went to the draft, now you got Sophomores. Also, College is a different animal, you have a lot of Spread Option offenses, and QBs like your Cam Newtons and RGIIIs, many of which do not translate to the pro level. I even remember Kyle Long saying after training camp that it took some time getting used to the QB under center, since at Oregon they ran the Spread Option out of the Shotgun all the time.

Still, just because this class may have more QBs available, its not as if none will be available next year. Maybe we get lucky and get the rapist Jameis Winston to declare next season and draft him :)

2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,752ß
    The pic on the link shows he is growing a neckbeard. That should help his recovery (and also endow him with superhuman powers).

Sounds like unless the floor falls out, he will be back in at most two weeks. As much as I think McCown has done a great job, I am looking forward to having our starter back and being able to continue to see him grow (I hope).

3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,082ß
  4. Bearsinhouston

DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,752ß
    He can with the neckbeard...

5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    I do want to remind everyone for the millionth time of the teams ahead of us that will undoubtedly need a QB (and really, why I can't disagree with Jimmors too much on holding off): Titans, Browns, Jaguars, Cardinals, Texans, Raiders and Buccaneers. We need to keep Cutler and McCown, and hope a good talent falls a bit.

6. Bearsinhouston

DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,752ß
    That right there is the plan. And if the D was not so horrendous, I would have said to take a QB for sure. Now, I think we have to see if a good value falls to us. However, it depends what we get in FA, and Emery usually pulls a rabbit or two out of his hat there.

7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,082ß
    I saw this thread title and just about had a stroke. Then I realized it was left over from before the server crash. LOL.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bearsinhouston

DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,752ß
    yeah, he has to be about out of ligaments in the groin area to pull. Unless of course he has extra groin ligaments, which may be why
    Cavallaro is so willing to overlook his pp (patented pout)

9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    899ß
    Will JCut be ready to take us to the playoffs in 2013 ? Happy Thanksgiving !!

• Funny Funny x 1