Rumors

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, May 5, 2014.

1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,208 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß
    Not only did #Bears bring Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller in for pre-draft visit, I am told team put him through workout on campus.
    (Brad Biggs)

Looking more and more likely that Emery expects to use his no. 1 on the secondary
  2. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    202ß
    hmm... Sounds too easy...
  3. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +343 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Trade back, collect a 2nd or 3rd rounder and pick up Fuller in the tail end of the 1st?
  4. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +577 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    121ß
    Selecting Fuller (third best CB in the draft) over Gilbert and Dennard would be a very controversial pick.
  5. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +343 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Probably just being a homer cause I went to MSU but I'd looove to see Dennard in a Bears uniform.
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +476 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    300ß
    Me too. I could see Emery getting insurance against an injury at CB. Many good reasons to pick him
    • Will pick later next year and may not get a chance to draft a good CB late
    • I believe he could start at nickel or FS, lots of options as he is good in Zone coverage and Solid against the run
    • He is rated as high as Donald and Donald will probably be gone. Draft history shows teams take CB over DT.
    I am hoping we can get Walt Aikens later in draft and let Aikens play FS and Dennard as Nickel and Back up.

With Buchannon rising up the boards lately, and Ourlads has him rated higher than Pryor I doubt he will be avail in rd 2. I am hopeful we can get Telvin Smith in RD 3. I would play him at SS. I know he is listed as OLB but the guy is only 218 pounds. After I saw below article I really liked this.

2.) OLB Telvin Smith, Florida St (6’3, 218): As light as Shazier is, Telvin Smith no doubt would be the lightest LB in the NFL. At 218 pounds he’s even lighter than about half the safeties in the league. If he were bigger, Smith would be a 1st round LB, his game tape is that good. His instincts are elite, in the Senior Bowl game Smith snuffed out 3 screen plays by himself slipping blockers and stuffing the RB or WR before they could gain a yard. He is a natural football player whose elite instincts would make the position switch seamless. His above average height allows him to cover tight ends and receivers with little trouble. Smith may go as early as the 2nd round, but if he’s available in the 3rd round, the Bears should pull the trigger and either move him to safety or groom him as Briggs backup at WLB.

Rd 2 DT
    Rd 4 RB
    RD 5 Aikens

RD 6 bpa
    RD 6 bpa
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +343 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Sign me up for this draft. Dennard solves the Tillman conundrum that will come up after this year is out and like you said he can contribute at nickel until then. This league (and our division) is filled with talented WR's and we could use 3 quality corners without a doubt. I would love a 6'3 SS and if he's spent time at LB you know he'll be able to tackle better than what we had last year. The other picks, while not names, address the positions of need. I'd be very satisfied if our draft played out like this. I love Dennard but I have a sinking gut feeling that we won't draft him. I don't know why, and I hope my hunch is wrong.. but that's just the vibe I get. Only a few more days and my vibe won't be needed and we'll see who we're really drafting. That said, seeing Dennard hold that Bears #1 jersey would make me one very happy fan.
  8. Grendel

Grendel Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Not necessarily. Mayock has Fuller ranked #1 over Gilbert and Dennard, and I trust him a lot more than many of the other draft media guys.

I haven't watched any of these guys play, but just from the various profiles and opinions I've read on these players, Fuller seems to be the best fit for us. Of the three, he looks to be the most complete, all around player.
  9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +166 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    Is he going to be an impact player day one ?
  10. Grendel

Grendel Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    If we drafted Fuller, I would expect him to be our starting nickel, and first up to fill in for Peanut or Jennings if they miss time. Likely wouldn't be as big an impact as one of the safeties would in year one, but would be more valuable long term, assuming he turns into the expected player. As far as the DTs go, Donald is the only one I'd feel comfortable expecting to immediately win a starting job, so if he isn't there, I'd rather go corner as second option.

Personally, I'm not as interested in LB this year as others seem to be. Zero interest in a first round LB.
  11. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11 Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,474 / 14 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß

For the people saying pick up Fuller later. From what I heard today Cincinnati is high on Fuller at 24. That's all I have.......take my wife.....please.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +166 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
  13. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    If we trade down and both Donald/HaHa/Pryor is gone I think he will be a good pick up.
  14. Grendel

Grendel Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I don't think we can trade back too far and still get Fuller. Unless all the corners end up dropping for some reason.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. little bear

Ratings:
    +577 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    121ß
    Question, who will start at safety if we select a CB in the first?

Right now we have Conte, Mundy, Steltz and a couple of no-names (Jennings, McCray, Martin). :bigthumbdown:

We don't need to pick DL or CB in the first. Either S or LB!
  16. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß

Isn't that Emery's style though?
  17. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Fuller would probably have a go at safety. Probably Mundy/Conte?
  18. little bear

Ratings:
    +577 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    121ß
    Some interesting rumors on NFL.com:

Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks Follow
    Just caught the @RapSheet report about Denver looking to trade up…I heard the same thing today

Middle linebacker is one of Denver's biggest needs. It's believed that they have interest in Alabama's C.J. Mosley and Ohio State's Ryan Shazier.
    Cornerback and defensive line are other possibilities if they go an alternate route.

Mayock's is the first mock we've seen that has the Vikings selecting Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert at No. 8 overall. If that happens, it will be the second consecutive draft in which the Vikings select a press-man corner in the first round. Xavier Rhodes was drafted at No. 25 overall last April.

Viewed as a top-five lock during the season, Anthony Barr has plummeted to the Cardinals at No. 20 Overall.

Ohio State's Ryan Shazier, the fastest linebacker we've seen since an early-career Brian Urlacher, would be a steal for the Packers at No. 21 Overall.

Speaking of steals, Mayock has Pitt defensive tackle Aaron Donald sliding to the Bengals in the 24th spot. It's an interesting match, as Donald has been compared to Geno Atkins as an undersized interior lineman who succeeds with leverage as a pass rusher.

Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is practically begging the Eagles to trade up for him.
  19. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'm not convinced that multiple visits mean anything.

In addition to visiting with Kyle Fuller twice, the Bears have also visited with Missouri DE Kony Ealy twice as well.
  20. little bear

Ratings:
    +577 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    121ß
    Brad Biggs @BradBiggs · 16 Sek.
    Kyle Fuller was not only Virginia Tech cornerback #Bears worked out. Told they also worked out Antone Exum, who is a later round prospect.

Brad Biggs @BradBiggs · 2 Std.
    #Bears have drafted more players from Notre Dame (41) than any other school. Ohio St (30), Texas (27), Oklahoma (26), Stanford (24), NU (21)

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 18 Min.
    Teams with some level of interest in trading BACK include OAK, TB, TENN, BALT, MIA, NE (surprise, surprise).
    Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 20 Min.
    Teams that have inquired about trading UP include DET, NYJ, CLEV (from 26), SF, HOU (from round 2 into 1), ATL (from round 2 into 1).