S-Huff and DT-Spears released from Ravens

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by mdbearz, Oct 30, 2013.

1. mdbearz

mdbearz

2. riczaj01

riczaj01

at least bring them in for a workout.
  3. mdbearz

mdbearz

Spears had a knee sprain earlier in the year but I thought he looked pretty good before that. He played last week against the Steelers very sparingly (might still be recovering, but was healthy enough to be active on Game day) , and he does not help on Special teams.

Huff was expendable because they drafted Matt Elam and he has looked decent (fast and strong) and has not made any major rookie mistakes.

These guys are stop gap solutions, but they could be an upgrade over what is on the field right now.

If Spears could play inside may be Wootten can go back to DE and that makes 2 positions on the D-line better.
  4. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

I am not sure there is room in the cap
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mdbearz

mdbearz

I'm not real savy when it comes to the cap.
    If a guy is released then he is a FA, right? That means if either one of these guys are worth having it could be the market determining thier price and nothing to do with the previous teams contract. The Ravens are taking the cap hit.

I'm just asking because 1) I don't know and 2) If it was highest bidder then we might not have a shot at either one of them, like you said not enough cap space.