Sanchez? bwahah

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Ojibway Bob, Mar 22, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,076ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    If we couldn't afford McCown, I'd think Sanchez would be out of our price range. One other thing to think about. A lot of Bears fans started jumping on the bandwagon for McCown when he had success under Marc Trestman's system. I'd imagine this would be even more intense if a young Sanchez blossomed here when Cutler has his annual injury situation. McCown was good about deflecting the QB controversial stuff and Jay was okay. But what happens if a youngster like Sanchez steps in and looks better than Jay? Trestman would have a more intense QB controversy on his hands. And before anyone dismisses this possibility, I'd simply point out that this offense is so loaded with talent now (unbelievable talent) and now has a solid coach in Trestman - that a well trained circus monkey should look good behind center. I'm not saying you don't bring in a solid young QB to back up Cutler. Just pointing out what could play out with this situation. I guess this could happen with any #2 QB. But a youngster would make it more interesting than an old journeyman like McCown.

2. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    Not even close. Jimmy Mac wore a sweatband Sanchez wears a hairband. Just look and you will see a BIG difference

3. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    304ß
    Maybe Sanchez is so huge that it is stretched out.....hahaha, I'm just playing but if Trestman can get Sanchez to understand his potential... Well we could be in a good position to make a great trade for a few good picks....what's to lose? We need a vet backup for Cuttys eventual next injury anyways

4. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,110ß

Hah, yeah but he compensated by "head butting" his linemen. Maybe that's why he can't remember the last beer he drank any longer. Or.......maybe it's all those beers that's doing it too him. ;)

5. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    304ß
    Well in his defense, an empty beer...is a forgotten beer

6. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,110ß
    I found two that are as mobile as Russell Wilson. Which one should we sign?.. Or are those supposed to represent "black folk"? :confused:

:18_1_300[1]::18_1_301[1]:

7. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,110ß
    I'd agree on the money thing. At this point in time I don't see Sanchez accepting a Minimum Salary Benefit deal unless that's the only alternative he has to not playing and he has plenty of time to wait it out. Some team will pick him up.

8. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    810ß
    The absolute ONLY way it might ever happen is if he accepts a 1yr deal. He'd have to believe he has something to prove....could get on the field and then essentially earn his next contract.....on the Bears. THEN the money would have to work out, but under those circumstances, I think that isn't as difficult as a 2 or 3 year deal would be.

9. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,110ß

Yep, and therein lies the problem. If Cutler stays healthy the only field he'd see would be the practice field and that endangers getting a new deal and a shot a starting again. He's not ready for that yet.

10. little bear

little bear Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,101ß
    Like Ric, I'm not a fan of veteran QBs. Sanchez is too expensive for us. But if Trestman was able to turn around McCown's crappy career, why can't he do it with Sanchez?

Sanchez is not starting quality and he knows it. Brandon Weeden wanted to go somewhere he can compete for the starting job... and landed in Dallas where he's got zero chance to get it as long as Romo is healthy.
    This makes me believe that maybe Sanchez would accept the backup job here in Chi-town.

Let me ask you this, if/when Cutty goes down (again) would you guys feel more comfortable with Palmer, Sanchez or a rookie as backup?

• Like Like x 2