Scouts: Peppers “didn't seem like he was into it” for the Bears - gave effort on a few plays/game

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Mar 16, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,824ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    This made my blood boil. He game minimal effort and laughed all the way to the bank with the Chicago Bears money. Poor Julius just "wasn't into it" last year for some reason. We paid this man over $80,000,000.00 while he was here in Chicago. But in the end he just couldn't get into it. And gave us 7 or 8 solid snaps per game according to this article. He just mailed it in for the rest of the game. We got robbed.

2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    944ß
    Um, this just sounds like a rumor made up to get views. Either apply something concrete to a piece like this, or don't make it at all.

3. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    156ß
    I like Peppers, I really do. But watch the film and tell me he wasn't into games thats the concrete you asked for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. draw2anderson35

draw2anderson35 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    Rumors of Peppers taking plays off have followed him since his Panthers days. Now it will be the Packers who will be getting only 2 games worth of effort out of 16. At least Bushrod & Mills have numerous practice snaps against this clown already.

• Like Like x 4
  5. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    339ß
    Can't say I'm all surprised. He was a Lovie fan. I know you guys are gonna wanna hate on me but Im gonna say it. As long as Trestman is here we will have a prolific offense and an abomination of a defense.

6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,774ß
    abomination for Trestman's entire career here on Def b/c the Lovie loyalists didn't like Lovie being fired? What about when they are gone? Will it still be an abomination; i'm guessing you mean 25-32 ranked as abmonination.

That's a laughably short sighted statement

• Like Like x 1
  7. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    339ß
    I dont see a change of much coming, again i think the tables have turned, we go from no offense to a top rated one and vice versa on defense. Can the defense get better? Sure it can, do I see it happening this year? Nope

Its gonna take a solid 2-3 years, a better defense of coord and some good drafting to get this together the right way

8. TarheelBear

TarheelBear Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    47ß
    peppers biggest problem is being THE GUY when people are hurt and out for season even in carolina when starting DT (think was jenkins) went down and he had bad year samething happened his effort was lacking. peppers pretty shy guy in nature and doesn't seem to step his game up when he is all you have on defense he seems to buckle and fold under that pressure. I don;t think it a heart issue certainly not talent issue, More of a mental thing with him. but perhaps he never really bought into Tucker and his idea how pepper should be used and thus quit on him. hard really say for sure but something was different. Just my 2 cents.

9. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,241ß
    I was on mostly defense growing up in high school. If you can't bring the energy on defense, if you can't get pumped up or pump others up, then you are not going to cut it.

there are a few exceptions, though. I don't see Tillman bringing energy, but I see him busting his ass also.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    I think Peps lack of effort was another grown man throwing a hissy fit over Lovie being fired. I think there was ALOT of that crap because some guys loved the cakewalk that was camp Lovie. The inmates ran the prison with Lovie there and his firing got a lot of guys (mostly defensive) panties in a bunch. Urlacher was let go and he was vocal about wanting Lovie to stay. Peppers was another IMO who never mentally got over the change of staff. He gave up on entire games this year. Instead of commanding a double team to help the unit, he would fail to get production and just quit. We don't need that kinda crap on our team. Football is an emotional game like ski mentioned, give me a guy who will give max effort on every play and plays with his heart. Frankly, good riddance Pep, I'm sure you will just quit in GB when Long and Mills are throwing you around.:14_6_5[1]:

• Like Like x 5