Screw the draft, Happy Easter and let's talk about the schedule release...

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by strockrocks, Apr 20, 2014.

1. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I have overdosed on the draft. Too much. At this point, I don't care who we draft; just get at least 2 quality stud starters and good depth. All this information is too much to take in. I liked it better 20 years ago where it wasn't so media-oriented.

Anyway, who do you like for the 1st game? I'm predicting we will open on the road since (I think) we have opened at home the past few years.

I want NE on the road to open. Noon game. Just get it over with. I don't want a stupid Sunday night game and I ABSOLUTELY don't want to begin on Monday night for the first week. Waking up on the first Sunday is like Christmas to me and I don't want to wait until evening or the next day.

So... who do you like if the Bears are on the road first?

And if they happen to be at home for the opener, who do you like? I choose Minnesota at home. Noon game.

2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Packers week one on Sunday Night. That would be really cool

3. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,107ß
    Well the schedule is supposed to be release on Tuesday and for some reason I thought a lot of the NFCN games were on tap early although I don't recall exactly where I got that idea. Home or road I think it's gonna be an NFCN team though. The AFC games seem to always come after the opener.

4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I've been thinking about this too, Stock. [Sick of all the draft over-hype too. Just get it over with already.]

I agree we are overdue to open on the road. If so, I want SF to start. That's gonna be a tough assignment whenever we play them so let's get it over early. The Niners have had a rough offseason with both player and coaching controversies. And Aldon Smith will be on suspension to start the year almost for sure. Might be a good time to play them.

And sorry to say it would probably be a good Sunday night game for ratings.

5. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    I read something (or did I dream this??) that the LAST game will be a division game (like it has been the past few years) and they would be rotating through the division for that last game. The author (or my dream) said that the last game would most likely be the Queens because the past two years have been GB and Detroit.

I could go for playing SF on the road (to get it over with) but I'm being picky here and that means it would be the later game because it's the west coast. Just personal preference, I want an early game!

6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,138ß
    I like early too, the Bloody Marys make the 2nd game more challenging to keep the eyes open.

7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    Week 17 is a divisional opponent for every team every year by design and yes we are due to play Minnesota for that one.

8. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,258ß
    Let's start strong.

Bears, Packers. Monday Night Football

9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,074ß
    We will have so many new players on defense that I'd like that first game to be against one of the weaker offenses, or an offense that has also had a rebuild in the off-season. The first game (a real game, not a pre-season game) will probably be butt-ugly as our guys try to get it all together on defense. If it has to be a division foe, maybe facing Minny would be good. I think our run defense should be much improved.

10. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,258ß
    Screw that. We know what our offense can do. I want to see our defense tested.

Give me the best!