Screw the draft, Happy Easter and let's talk about the schedule release...

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by strockrocks, Apr 20, 2014.

1. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +215 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    I have overdosed on the draft. Too much. At this point, I don't care who we draft; just get at least 2 quality stud starters and good depth. All this information is too much to take in. I liked it better 20 years ago where it wasn't so media-oriented.

Anyway, who do you like for the 1st game? I'm predicting we will open on the road since (I think) we have opened at home the past few years.

I want NE on the road to open. Noon game. Just get it over with. I don't want a stupid Sunday night game and I ABSOLUTELY don't want to begin on Monday night for the first week. Waking up on the first Sunday is like Christmas to me and I don't want to wait until evening or the next day.

So... who do you like if the Bears are on the road first?

And if they happen to be at home for the opener, who do you like? I choose Minnesota at home. Noon game.
  2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    Packers week one on Sunday Night. That would be really cool
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,870 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,619ß
    Well the schedule is supposed to be release on Tuesday and for some reason I thought a lot of the NFCN games were on tap early although I don't recall exactly where I got that idea. Home or road I think it's gonna be an NFCN team though. The AFC games seem to always come after the opener.
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,221 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    260ß
    I've been thinking about this too, Stock. [Sick of all the draft over-hype too. Just get it over with already.]

I agree we are overdue to open on the road. If so, I want SF to start. That's gonna be a tough assignment whenever we play them so let's get it over early. The Niners have had a rough offseason with both player and coaching controversies. And Aldon Smith will be on suspension to start the year almost for sure. Might be a good time to play them.

And sorry to say it would probably be a good Sunday night game for ratings.
  5. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +215 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    I read something (or did I dream this??) that the LAST game will be a division game (like it has been the past few years) and they would be rotating through the division for that last game. The author (or my dream) said that the last game would most likely be the Queens because the past two years have been GB and Detroit.

I could go for playing SF on the road (to get it over with) but I'm being picky here and that means it would be the later game because it's the west coast. Just personal preference, I want an early game!
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +759 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    745ß
    I like early too, the Bloody Marys make the 2nd game more challenging to keep the eyes open.
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,221 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    260ß
    Week 17 is a divisional opponent for every team every year by design and yes we are due to play Minnesota for that one.
  8. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,894 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    Let's start strong.

Bears, Packers. Monday Night Football
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,392 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    We will have so many new players on defense that I'd like that first game to be against one of the weaker offenses, or an offense that has also had a rebuild in the off-season. The first game (a real game, not a pre-season game) will probably be butt-ugly as our guys try to get it all together on defense. If it has to be a division foe, maybe facing Minny would be good. I think our run defense should be much improved.
  10. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,894 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    Screw that. We know what our offense can do. I want to see our defense tested.

Give me the best!
  11. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,221 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    260ß
    I dunno, JABF, we were all saying the same thing last year regarding the rebuilt OL with 2 rookies starting no less. Instead we drew Cincinnati with one of the NFL's best DLs to open up with and the OL acquitted itself well.

Just something to shoot the breeze about here, but I'm kinda hoping we draw SF in week 1 because they may be a team who's in a bit of disarray to start the season with all the controversies and possible suspensions swirling around. Smith is almost sure to be out and Harbaugh is on the outs with the FO and ownership reportedly. I'm just figuring that the Niners may be most vulnerable early on and we have to travel there sooner or later.

Plus it just seems like a marquee ratings matchup the NFL might want to feature.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,392 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    I'm all for playing the best, but maybe not in that first game. Give the new guys at least one game to assimilate all of the changes, refine some things & get in sync. Training camp and pre-season - it's almost meaningless compared to a real NFL game. I expect the D to look a bit rough that first game. And regarding our offense, I love that it is much improved. Love it. But we'll need more than Jay's arm to win this season - especially if we hope to unseat Green Bay and also to do well in the post season. We NEED this defense to be good too or it will just be another 8 win season.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,392 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    And we may be fine in that first game anyway no matter who we face. I follow your logic with SF and you could be 100% right. But in an ideal world, I'd like to face a weak opponent that first game. The D could end up being pretty stout this year (I'm hoping) and maybe a team we can't beat game-1 with so many new pieces in place - could be a team we CAN beat later in the season. If that's the case, then give us the easier team early for the win, and then let us face the tougher teams a bit later - and win that one too. Again, this is all just conjecture and playing "what if" stuff. So who knows.
  14. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    77ß
    LOVIE BAY!!!!!
  15. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,221 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    260ß
    I could be. But that's a home game and we have opened at home at least three years straight I believe. Just figuring we are due to start on the road but maybe the NFL doesn't even look at stuff like that, I don't know.
  16. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,894 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    Fine.

How about Atlanta.

They have Tice
    They have Carimi
    • Like Like x 1
  17. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,392 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    If they have Tice then how on earth will our new D-line every beat his pixie dusted OL boys? They'll be unbeatable :lol 027:

[​IMG]
    Doesn't this photo say it all about the Tice days? False-start Frank and Webb. Man, talk about a butt-ugly OL. Those were the days...
  18. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,575 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    803ß
    That's just not right. Any team with Tice should be given a 7 point head start.
  19. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,221 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    260ß
    There's something hilariously grotesque and wrong about the fact that Carimi will again be coached by Tice. It's almost a Tarantino movie.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,392 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    Our Dline should look like 4 Pro Bowlers in that game. BTW, maybe J'Marcus will get picked up by them now that the Vikes cut him.