Seven years ago today, this happened

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Oct 16, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

• Like Like x 5
  2. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe

I was at a bar with a buddy - we're just about to leave , we decided to have 1 more ....... and then IT started happening . Bar went from ho-hum to a building excitement that lasted till the end . It was fun , everyone was going crazy . Greta nite great memory .
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

I've always liked Dennis Green as a person, because he does say what he thinks. He's "real" in a way few coaches are today. So many of today's coaches are "plastic people" who really don't tell you squat.
  4. yttocs

yttocs

Plastic People? Hmmm..

If you don't have 3 minutes to WASTE then skip this
  5. shark86x

shark86x SuperFan

This one is actually worth listening to.... Plastic Man

The end of that game was almost as much fun as the hawks winning the cup.
  6. JPosh2012

JPosh2012

LOL!!!! This was great. I think he was fired a few days later is that correct?
  7. mdbearz

mdbearz

I was actually moving from Florida to Maryland and I listened to this game on the Radio. I did not get to see the replay till years later, but I got to tell you this one of the best games I ever heard.

I honestly could not believe what I was hearing.
  8. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member

I was right here, on Dabears (actually Dabearz.com) in the chatroom with about 50/60 others members while watching on TV. Amazing turn around, but I'll say there was still optimism amongst members, we just seemed to have "IT" that years. We expected the unexpected, and got it most of the time.
  9. GBlaze23

GBlaze23

I remember that we were undefeated heading into this game. Decided to watch this one game at a buddies house. He was talking and shit more than I like during a game and I was a bit frustrated. I went to take a piss and the Hester punt return happened, then it was on. Since that time, I can not watch a game with anyone.
  10. Rogelio

Rogelio

Dennis Green is a giant turd. That was such an incredible moment, not just for the Bears having such a monsterous comeback, but for him throwing such an epic tantrum. His crappy team had everything go right, had the Bears come into the game not taking the Cardinals seriously, and they STILL lost. It was so funny - like a child crying for losing a little league game. "They suck so bad. We're way better than them, but they got lucky and the refs are blind and they cheated. Waahhh!" I thought that tantrum was the perfect end to his coaching career. He was a jagoff who continuously bumbled his way out of the playoffs and blew some golden chances for the Vikings. Just a total petulant child.

Of course, the Bears' incredible journey came to a heartbreaking end in Miami, but at least the Bears made it to the Super Bowl. The most disappointing thing, outside of the loss, was that piece of crap Greene going on TV and proclaiming the Super Bowl proved him right, and the Bears really were a bad team. No, Dennis, they were a really, really good team which had a few giantic injury losses (Brown and Harris), and played a bad game filled with fumbling, Benson getting injured, the offensive line being turnstyles, and the defense doing little of anything. The Bears realistically could have won that game 5 or 6 times out of 10. They weren't the fraud, you were.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1