Short Tidbit From Kiper on Bears' Draft Needs

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Nov 6, 2013.

1. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +748 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    I agree, however, if we get into the 5th and the kid from Eastern Illinois (QB: Jimmy Garappolo) is still there, I think I take a chance on him. Rounds 1 thru 4 should be Defense, depending, of course, on what happens in FA. Remember all, we have damn near half the roster up for FA, so the 2014 team could look a helluva lot different than the 2013 team.
  2. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Remember we also need a CB or two. Especially since it is likely that we will lose either Tillman or Jennings. Even if we CAN keep them they are getting old and we need depth pronto!

I think you can fix the S issue in FA. Doesn't have to be a super star just someone better than Conte.

If the draft was held today here's what my order would be.

1. DT or DE
    2. DE or DT
    3. CB
    4. QB
    5. S (For Depth)
    6. CB, S or DL
    6. BPA on Defense

If you ask about our future C well we already have him. He is Taylor Boggs.
  3. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +748 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    If you ask me, Wright has played far worse than Conte. Conte is no superstar, but there have been many times that I think he will end up missing a one-on-one tackle in the open field and he brings the guy down. He has missed very few tackles, as opposed to someone like Chris Harris who used to miss tackles all the time by going for the SC highlight hit and not wrapping up. Wright has been flat out terrible in run support and we have been gouged on many occasions because he has taken bad angles.

If we want to upgrade our Safeties, I'm all for it, we could do better than each one, but if we can only afford to fix one, then it ain't Conte.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß

^^^^I could live with that.
  5. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    With DT and DE's so high on the list. I would be less surprised if Emery is looking to poach some 3-4 players next year.
    Despite what he says. I wouldn't bet on it but, if that is what Tucker/Trestman want... What better time?

I predict a crazy off season. There is a reason so many are playing on a short contract.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,778ß
    It will be VERY interesting to watch how it all goes down this off-season. When the smoke all clears, for the start of the 2014 regular season, I think most of the Angelo/Lovie guys will be gone. I'm not saying that is good - or bad. Just saying it's going to be a new team, as compared with the one Angelo and Lovie left us.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +748 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    Yup.
  8. 4dabers

Ratings:
    +748 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    I agree completely. Depending on how they play this, we could have a substantial amount of cap space and a substantial turn-over in personnel.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +250 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    209ß
    I would not use a first round pick for Jimmy either. What we do with Cutlers contract will drive if we go for a qb. If Jimmy is still there by the fifth, I would pick him up as bpa regardless of Cutlers contract duration.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,621 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    683ß
    As it looks right now, he isn't gonna fall that far. He's looking to be a mid round pick, at latest.
  11. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +250 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    209ß
    That could be a bargin if he keeps going at his current pace. I don't have a good reference point for him coming out of the fcs. That has to influence his draft round.
  12. Bear_40

Bear_40 Veteran

Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    78ß
    If we're going defense (and I believe we should), they need to pick someone out of the SEC as most defensive players in the conference have a nasty side to them.
  13. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,621 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    683ß
    IDGAF what causes Clowney to fall(outside of something that would affect his ability to play for the team, obviously), but if he fell to Chicago, they HAVE to pick him.
  14. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I wouldn't mind seeing Wright gone. Heck if I had my way we'd replace both of them or demote Conte to backup.
  15. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,285 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,704ß
    The safety situation is not very good. When we were able to put pressure on the passer, the safety issues kind of slipped under the radar. Without pressure, they now have to do their job. If we can start to get pressure on the QB, then we can backburner this, but I'd prefer we fix both the DL and the S issues. When playing in the playoffs, you are going to need both units to do their job. Everyone is good in the playoffs.
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,778ß
    I agree. The thing that eats my gut is that we've drafted bus loads of safeties and Dlinemen. Yet our problem is at safety and dline. We wasted a lot of picks over the years.
  17. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,285 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,704ß
    yep a buttload. Almost could make a team of safeties... that unfortunately could not keep anything resembling a football safe.
    • Like Like x 1