Should have started McCown.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Clark Street

Clark Street
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I couldn't agree more. Cutler obviously needed more recovery time. Starting him today may have extended the time needed for him to become fully healthy. That should have been apparent by the time the second half began. McCown won in Green Bay last week, proving he knows how to smoothly lead the Bears' offense. He really should be starting until Cutler is completely back to normal.

2. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member SuperFan

They say when your body isn't 100% another part of your body has to pick up the slack.

So in this case, his ankle paid the price. When you favor one injury, you put more on the rest of your body.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

It's all connected. Queue up music... The ankle bone is connected to the shine bone... and the shine bone is connected to the knee bone, and the knee bone is connected to the thigh bone and the thigh bone is connected to the groin bone. And Cutler should know to protect his groin bone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Trestman said he'll review the video. "I may come back tomorrow & say I made a mistake, I should have taken [Cutler] out earlier," he said.

Chalk one up for major lesson for our new coach everyone gets a mulligan hopeful that was it. The good news looking at the remainder of this schedule Bears could possibly run the table. Got to always find the bright side it's a Chicago fans requirement.

5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

I respect that. People make mistakes. I don't think Trestman will make the same mistake too often. Lovie would never have admitted having made a mistake. I just want to see Trestman grow because of this. We need to get something out of it. I'm still pissed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I feel the exact same way. If he learns from this, at least that's something positive from a loss. But I'm sick that we let one get away today.

7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

The thing is, hindsight wasn't necessary here. He knew Cutler wasn't physically able to run the 2 minute drill (which puts some credence to my joke that Cutler would go back in, in overtime), and that was the only reason McCown came in. Both Lions games easily could have gone the other way, and this one especially, considering how well the defense held up.