Simple thoughts from a simple mind

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Sep 15, 2013.

1. phatdude

phatdude Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    57ß
    Look, I'm as "knee jerk" as they come, but we got to start looking at "trends" in the offense before saying "it's the old jay" or the o-line sucks. I get it, it's been ingrained in us for so long that Jay is unstable and the o-line sucks, that when a few plays go wrong we instantly panic. Even the greatest franchise QBs get sacked and throw interceptions. The greatest RBs and WRs drop balls. I'm willing to let the offense slide until I see trends that they are at the leagues lowest, until then, they get a pass. I mean it's almost like we are starting over on offense.

Now what really bothers me is the Defense. Two weeks in a row and they don't "seem to be themselves". Peppers is all but non-existent. They are giving up TOO many points. Last year they were sometimes the ONLY way we even scored points!!! Now they are just "average" at best. I'm more nervous about the D than anything right now. Everyone is so focused on offense, we kinda are forgetting about the changes on the D: We lost Rod Marinelli. I mean this guy forced the players to do pushups on the field if they missed tackles and take-aways! We all know Lovie was more "defensive minded" (sadly for our offense), but maybe it's starting to show neglect to our D. We lost Urlacher. Ok, the guy was aging. He was slowing. He's now shooting his mouth off, but maybe he was the true on the field leader that put a foot in the asses and gave them the drive to be the best?! For all we know he was the one pushing Peppers, and the other folks.

I don't have the answers, but the D doesn't look the same. I think that's where we should be worried about. Our offense can ONLY go UP. But I think the D is starting to show signs of weakness. At least from what we are used to for Chicago.

If you put this years offense with last years defense, I think we'd see more formidable wins right now.
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,621 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    681ß
    I'm not advocating anything, just throwing some food for thought: Let's say our DC doesn't work out, Ron Rivera is likely to get fired. We all know his resume, and that he had a falling out with Lovie over the defensive coverage in the SB. IF DC were a need, would anybody want him? I'd say yeah
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Chico was always a favorite. I still like a DC with a personality the players adopt.
  4. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +750 / 6 / -24
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,203ß
    Let's first give Tucker a chance. The definition of insanity is "keep doing the same thing and expect a different result." If Bears front-4 has near the worst sack total in the league after 4 weeks, then it's time to make some changes.

I think they are missing Urlacher -- heart and soul of the defense on the field and the locker room.
  5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,621 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    681ß
    Well, I wasn't advocating firing Tucker. Just throwing a thought out there that might be relevant, if this is a trend that continues (which I don't think it will).

I highly doubt the Bears are missing Urlacher's presence on the field, because the defense actually did fine without him, and allowed fewer points against Green Bay than they did with him. I just don't think Urlacher (or his attitude) are really missed all that much. In fact, the linebacking corps was easily our weakest unit on the field last year, with Urlacher's major contribution being a pick 6 in a 50 point blowout against the Titans.
  6. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I find it boggling that the dinner is set and we can't find the pepper, I know it is here somewhere! I am only thinking about freaking out at the moment =P

The D Line looks like they have the flu, so far all the muscles, bones, and tendons are all still attached up front. I'll give them a couple weeks before I call the doctor's office again..