Simple thoughts from a simple mind

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Sep 15, 2013.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,751 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    816ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I love the guy and agree but.....I wanted to beat his ass when he didn't pound Bush for a sure TD on 1st & goal from the half yard line. That was too cute by half (dumb) play call and cost us 7 pts.

2. blktalon3

blktalon3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I didn't like the turnovers by Jay but I wouldn't call him "evil jay". Last year evil jay wouldn't have won the game. I think one of the most important things trestman has given Cutler is confidence. And also how to "let it go" after he makes mistakes. So even though he did have a couple of bad turn overs he didn't let it affect his play.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    Eh, just trying not to be too predictable. I'm pretty sure the entire offense has some lessons to learn from today.

4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,751 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    816ß
    I'm sure you're right but trying to be "unpredictable" took away a predictable TD. If Coach T doesn't mind, I'd just as soon use the power RB we are paying for and have a sure TD than trying to pad Jay's stat line.

5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    I'm starting to think, while watching the 49ers Seahawks game, that even if these two game are showing us that our d-line is in bad shape, they're good enough to keep us in a game against the Pack.

The Bengals and Vikings have REALLY GOOD offensive lines. The Vikings got the best LT in the draft last year, and had the 7th fewest penalties in the league. That tells me that their 2nd year starter is someone special. Next week we're going against a BAD offensive line.

6. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    Well, the Vikes are usually good against the run, and I doubt it was to pad Jay's stats. Also, the pass was tipped.

7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,751 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    816ß
    I have to agree. I didn't expect to say this (figuring the OL would be our topic of complaint) but I'm concerned -- not worried but concerned -- about the DL. They were getting some pressure on Ponder in the first half and he looked terrible. I think Minny had maybe 50 yards passing at that point. Afterwards, the pressure disappeared completely and Ponder started looking like a way better QB than he really is. Peppers and Melton have done NOTHING this year so far, either one of them. Yeah, I'm concerned because a real QB would have ripped us apart beyond possibility of last minute comeback.

Oh, and Jay now has 4 TOs on the year which is too many.

8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,751 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    816ß
    I know, Henry, and was kidding around a little. Point is, it took a very high percentage play and made it a much riskier one. Cutler has had a lot of tipped balls already this year too. Just pound it up the middle with your goal line back, throw the corner fade, or run a play action pass to the flat. If it ain't there, please throw it away...and I don't mean into traffic over the middle.

That was a poor/risky play call and throw that cost us 7 points. Add in that horrible 3 & out series at midfield and it was a grim 2nd half until the last 2 minutes.

9. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,355ß
    I live west of Seattle -- a lone Bears fan surrounded by Seagulls. I have to salivate with envy watching the Seahawks defense. A great defense, especially a front-4 that wins in the trenches, will stop ANY offense. They crushed the 49ers offense tonight. They play D like the Bears defense we've been waiting to see. Hopefully, Peppers and Melton will bring their A-game next week.

10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    I think it's hilarious that ESPN lead their last sportscenter with "What if this MANNING BOWL is a preview of the Super Bowl? Wouldn't that be awesome?" Yeah, Eli Manning has only thrown 7 INTs in the first two games, and I'm pretty sure that our game, or SD/PHI was MUCH more interesting and had a greater impact on the few weeks away playoff race.

EDIT: Quoting Verbatim "The last time the Giants starter 0-2, they went to the Super Bowl". Seriously shut the hell up. Don't you guys need to cover Tim Tebow's interceptions in the unemployment line?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013