So where is our top 2 offense?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,663 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    Things have been so focused on the state of our defense that no one has asked the question of what happened to our offense?

Only preseason, but not much has changed and I do not see the same ability to move the ball I saw last year. The only positive I see is better pass protection. The guys are REALLY doing well protecting the QB. Can't open any running holes to save their lives, but that was also the case last year.

Hopefully, we will see something against Seattle this week.

If we can stay at or improve our O, there is no doubt that our D is better than what I saw last year. We might not be where I was hoping we would be on D, but just from watching the first two preseason games, we are not going to be a defensive cellar dweller again. The D will be at least decent. If we can get back our previous offense, we should be able to get into a playoff game or two, but the O also seems to have fallen off a little.

We have the same offensive coaches and players, so this should not be the case and I believe it will come around, but you never know.
  2. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    319ß
    The right side of our line is not playing....calm down....2 pre-season games....
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,663 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    I am calm. Thanks for the concern. And by right side do you mean Mills? He is only one person.
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  4. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Cutler has had two games over 110 QBR and last one was like 135ish. To me they went through defenses at will through the air with limited action. The running lanes improved as the season went on last year and this year our first team offense has had very little action so the situations are fewer and farther between. I think Trestman and Kromer will get into the flow of when to utilize Forte on the ground. They'll actually game plan and zero in on what's most effective. One interesting tidbit was hearing Trestman and staff went through the league and studied what others were doing. I'm excited for this offense and defense and want to see them in some extended action.
  5. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    517ß
    vanilla
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +314 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    60ß
    The number one unit has what, a handful of series fully played together in vanilla circumstance?
  7. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,506 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    813ß
    Its waiting for us in the regular season.
  8. WarLax

WarLax Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    25ß
    Yea....this post is a whole lot of "NOTHING TO SEE HERE, PRESEASON, MOVE ALONG."
  9. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    319ß
    Forgot Long played. Either way:

"Running game usually takes a little more time to get in sync," quarterback Jay Cutler said. "We're not really game planning exactly how we would during the year; just kind of running some plays. We'll get to where we need to be."