Some Early Training Camp Feedback

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Jul 30, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,861ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Wonder if that Pec tear wasn't fully repaired from OTA's and he rushed back b/c of Clausen's work.

2. B-ell-y-iot

B-ell-y-iot Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    786ß
    Thanks for the run down of day 6 in Bourbonnais. I didn't have a laptop with me in my travels to Chicagoland so I didn't post much after attending Monday's practice (posting from a phone is tedious), but when I saw your post on places to grub I thought it appropriate to insert a trip highlight with brief player profile.

Beyond the excellent weather and high-tempo practice, the overall memory I had coming away from Monday's training camp was how great a person Matt Forte is.

After practice, Forte walked the Kid Zone autograph area and signed EVERY kids sport's memorabilia. There were approximately 300 kids or more present and he made his way, with multiple sharpies, through the entire lot of them. Considering most players didn't stop to sign on Monday - and I don't know that I blame them, those kids are ruthless - this really stood out to me.

Then, following camp my brother and I went to Brickstone Brewery and had a few beers and some apps. This brew pub is a pretty trendy little place for a small town like Bourbonnais. Their beers were tasty, particularly their hopskipnimdrunk APA and their food options were well above average.

After enjoying a few brews, my brother and I went to the car and standing right next to it holding a little baby boy was Matt Forte dressed in shorts and spandex tights. With him was Martellus Bennett. My brother and I left them alone and just watched as Forte and Bennett walked across the parking lot (Forte with a considerable post practice gait), got into a black SUV and took off.

I thought this was really cool. Not only did Forte sign a ton of autographs, he made it into town to hang out with some fans and show his support of the town. Very cool.

I would suggest, if you make it to practice this summer, to hit up the Brickstone Brewery. I remember reading somewhere prior to this year's training camp, that Lance Briggs is known to stop into a brewery (I'm assuming it's the Brickstone Brewery since I don't think there are any others in town) to have a beer and hang out with some fans.

• Like Like x 3
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,861ß
    I think many fans still have a bit of a bitter taste in their mouths from the contract/hold out w/Matt and the franchise, and he doesn't always come off well in interviews...but it's good to hear that he's good w/the fans, especially the kids.

4. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    975ß
    Speaking of bitter tastes in the mouth... The wifey and I generally eat out every Saturday in the Kankakee area, and we have been to Brickstone Brewery many many times. Although the beer is good and they have a good menu, we quit going there a while ago due to bad service. Since it had been a long time, we tried it again the weekend before TC started. The complementary loaf of bread came to us with dust bunnies and charcoal. The food quality had declined overall and the service was not very good. We won't be going back, even if Matt is signing autographs in the parking lot and Lance is inside tossing down a few cold ones.

5. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,040ß
    Now that is a marketing masterpiece of a name. :10 7 4[1]: :bah: