Sounds like BMarsh wants to finish his career a Bear, doesn't want max money

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by dabears, Mar 27, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    BS, at some point the QB's contracts will adjust back down, but it won't be soon. The amount of money given to clear teir 2 qb's the last 3-4 years has been absurd, I laughed at them, and I'm not going to all of a sudden sit quietely like it's okay for the Bears to do it now.

2. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

OMG, that's funny.
    Conte, not that he's anything special I agree, was about #13 on the top 15 list of reasons why the defense blew last year.

• Like Like x 2
  3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I'm not really on Benji's case. But we do have a long and distinguished history of disagreeing about certain things.

That happens a lot with die hard Cubs fans. They keep believing things are getting better when they're actually seeing them getting worse. Just think of the amazing faith, strength and confidence they have. They are quite unshakeable in their belief that some day, before they die, the Cubs will actually win another World Series. Poor deluded wretches. They're more to be pitied than scorned. :gosox1:

:rofl2:

4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

I agree. My grandparents grandparents never seen it, my grandparents never seen it, my parents never seen it, and I dont expect to ever see it.:36_1_55[1]:

5. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

As long a the cap continues going up and the game remains heavily pass/QB-dependent, contracts are going to only go higher. Kaep may end up getting $20m+/yr and as good a scrambler he is, he sucks throwing out of the pocket. I think you're living in a fantasy land where 2nd-tier QBs should be cheap. Shit, even 4th tier ones like Flynn got $7m.

6. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Damn, Conte was just over in the Jared Allen thread. How'd get over here so fast. For a guy whose engendered so much "hatred" among Bears fans he sure does get a lot of press around here. :bah:

I'm gonna blame it on Kristin for not getting him immunized against injuries caused by accidental sackings. ;)

7. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

What can I say. I was born a Southsider and I'll die a Southsider but I'm not one who hates the Cubs. I keep hoping just like the die hard Cubbie fans do that some year Bartman won't be in the stands and that one September they'll be born into the World Series on the wings of Angels rather than ending up stoking the fires of hell after another swoon and losing a 10 game lead or something like that. I can't honestly believe they'll go another century without a pennant.

8. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

The Cubs are on the right path. For the first time that I can remember, they have an actual strong farm system filled with players who have a legit shot at being stars in the majors. Specifically Javier Baez. That kid is going to be a star, and that is not the Cubs fan in me saying it but scouts everywhere.

It is a hard life being a Cub fan, but I think they will win the World Series some day soon.

For the record, Bartman is not to blame for that game in 03'

9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

If the Cubs tank this year, I'll know that somehow it was Conte's fault :-)

10. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

So we aren't blaming Cutler or Obama for everything anymore?

• Funny Funny x 1