Source: Louisville S Pryor visits Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    196ß
    Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I wouldn't mind me some Pryor in the first.

• Like Like x 2
  2. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    41ß
    Ratings:
    +220 / 0 / -0
    Highlights are just that but the fact remains that Prior, while good, does not possess the "Elite" coverage skills that Emery seems to look for. He wants a player with those skills and Prior would be a project. Not what you look for in a 1st round pick. Most of those hits would result in a flag in the NFL too. JMHO though.

3. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    196ß
    Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Obviously they're highlights but at the same time better than any safeties highlights whom is currently on our roster. This draft is allegedly deep at the DL and thin at safety so I wouldn't mind getting a good safety in the first. Out of curiosity, when have we seen an example of what Emery likes to draft at safety? I can only recall Brandon Hardin and he doesn't scream elite coverage to me.

4. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    41ß
    Ratings:
    +220 / 0 / -0
    I'm simply going by Emery's statements. He says he wants physically dominant and versatile players and the scouting reports I have read (too many to post links) say that Pryor does NOT possess those "Elite" coverage skills. I'm not saying he isn't a big hitter because he IS a big hitter. However looking at those hits says that he will have to be taught how to modify those hits to avoid being flagged for them. Too many high hits for example. That puts him in the "Developmental Player" category and Emery has often stated that early round picks should be those who can come in and have a impact from day one. Not saying he will not be good but rather not a player Emery wants at #14. Maybe in a trade down situation though.
    Hardin had a history of getting stupid injuries and that reared it's ugly head last year. I don't see Emery making the same mistake with Pryor who tackles / hits the same way. Leading with your head as Prior does screams injury risk. Hardin was not a really early round pick if I recall correctly as well. That's all I'm sayin' and again it is simply MHO.
    ;-)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    481ß
    Ratings:
    +681 / 3 / -0
    He's my co-num 1 choice with Donald. I will have no problems with either not preference. Throw Dix in there as well if he lasts but I kida doubt that. Can prolly start at SS and let conte and Mundy fight for FS.

I rather have a guy who hits too hard rather than can't tackle at all

• Like Like x 2
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,073ß
    Ratings:
    +4,520 / 10 / -8
    Ya seems like people are looking for a reason to ding a player when they say "he hits to hard" Ya I'm okay w/that, better then he doesn't hit or like to be physical.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    41ß
    Ratings:
    +220 / 0 / -0
    I'm not saying that Pryor hits too hard. It's that his hard hits are too high for the most part and that screams injury and flags to me. That's all I'm sayin'.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,712ß
    Ratings:
    +3,569 / 13 / -0
    Hell yeah

9. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    271ß
    Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -0
    This is Safety! I like him or Dix

10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,045ß
    Ratings:
    +1,956 / 2 / -0
    FWIW (maybe not much), NFL.com is saying "it's pretty clear that Dix won't get past the Rams' 2nd pick at #13". That's a bummer cuz if you forced me to pick a safety at 14, Dix would the guy. Pryor is pretty much locked into the SS role, correct? I'll bet Conte is hoping for anyone other than Dix or maybe Ward in 2 so he still has a shot at the FS job.