Special Visitor at OTA'S Today

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, May 28, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,905ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Another member of the SB team makes an appearance. Samurai returns.

The #Bears had a special visitor attend OTA practice today at Halas Hall. pic.twitter.com/EayYNOaFMm

12:47 PM - 28 May 2014Flag media
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,181ß
    Please tell me he kept his pants on

• Like Like x 2
  3. BelieveInMonsters

ßearz ßuckz:
    176ß
    The coaching staff and players just continue to do everything right as it pertains to the Bears legacy and linking the past and the present.

• Like Like x 3
  4. The Benjamin

Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,181ß
    Meh.

I would be fine if they separated themselves from the past. As a Bear fan I am kinda tired about hearing about the 1985 Bears. Before you bash me for that, I am tired of talking about them because they are are ONLY Super Bowl winning team. I want to talk about a winner from this century.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,905ß
    Maybe now that they are welcomed to be around the players will be more committed to winning. Who wants to win and be blackballed.

6. The Benjamin

Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,181ß
    If they need a pep talk from someone from nearly 30 years ago to get "committed" I do not want them on my team.

They should want to win on their own.

7. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,905ß
    Its not a Pep talk, its just being able to continue to support the team you gave your all for. Not having the Vets around was a terrible injustice in my opinion to what they meant to the city and what they accomplished. Yes, I think they should have won more but being kicked out to the streets was wrong.

I doubt the current players understand they were not welcomed, and if this is the only place they ever played they probably did not even think about it. Would not it have been nice if Urlacher would have been trying to help coach up Bostic last year rather than whining about poor me on TV. They do not need a pep talk, its just nice to know the family (Bear family) is all in with you and that includes the vets in my opinion.

Wasn't Dent around the year Rookie DE Mark Anderson got his 11 or 12 sacks. Not sure it was the same year but I think it was when Dent was allowed in to help the DE's. Next year he was not back an Anderson never came close to his rookie season. Much like the vets on the team the retired vets have a lot of knowledge to share as well. The game has changed over time and not sure how valid the 85 teams inputs would still be but little things would still hold true. There was a movie a while back I was watching and I remember the Vet telling the rookie to look at the knuckles of the linemen if they are white he has pressure on them to shoot forward, implying more than likely a run play rather than being in a stance to stand up and pass block. Thus I am sure there are little things the old guys could still help with, and for the rookies to see them in real life is probably very appreciated.

Hopefully Samurai gave Bostic some pointers. I guess he must not be coaching this year. Last yr he was with Frasier in Minn. Did not follow him this year I guess.

8. The Benjamin

Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,181ß
    Having old players around should not make them want to play harder. If they need a father like figure to hold their hand, they do not belong in the NFL

I doubt these players care much about those players. Most of them were not even alive when they won the Super Bowl.

Having vet players on the field while you play is vastly more important than having a long since retired one coming in to say hi.

Again.... see players they never saw play? Or saw play when they were at the end of their careers?

Sure, give pointers. But anyone with knowledge can do this. It does not have to be a former Bear.

These Bear players do not need to hear from former Chicago Bears to get "committed" to playing the game. They should be committed to winning without a legendary player from the team you play for coming in. Great gesture sure, but people put too much stock into it.

9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,697ß
    I'm as sick of the 85 SB Bears as anyone Benj, but vet experience and information cannot do anything but help and I know he's a laughing stock, but the reality is he's a key reason the 49r's are back on the right path, and he might well have single handedly saved Davis's career, dude was a punk before Samuri called him out.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,697ß
    That dude is still built as big as he ever was; how many of the roid monsters of the 90's and 00's can say that?

• Agree Agree x 1