Sports Talk Radio in Maryland

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by mdbearz, Oct 9, 2013.

1. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    So yesterday I'm listening to the local sports talk station. The Ravens are playing the Packers this week, so I like to hear what they have to say.

A commentator for the Packers was being very honest in saying the Raven can beat the Packer particularly since Clay Mathews is not going to be playing.

But the Baltimore Commentator ask the Packers guy what he thought about the NFC North. He was trying to be very objective to this point, but when he was pressed about Jay Cutler he called him an "idiot". I really expected him to say something less harsh, because to that point he was trying to be diplomatic.

He said Jay will "give you 4 per game" and how you react to those opportunities is going to determine the outcome of the game.

He went on to say that Jay has this ego that he can make these impossible throws ad that he refuses to change.

I thought it was interesting that this guy was being VERY objective (he was not a homer) and tactful with the Ravens but he was asked directly about Jay he was very Blunt.

It got me thinking that maybe I'm really a homer and I don't realize it.

Maybe Jay does not get it, and I am just so scared of going back to the really crappy QB days that I am not willing to give up on Jay.

This really is the put up or go away season for Jay and I just don't want to admit it.
  2. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    What did you expect a Fudgepacker common tater to say about their fiercest rival. I have NEVER heard one who was NOT a homer and I live in Northern Wisconsin.
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,332 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,506ß
    MD, I've been saying it since he was traded here, he's to turn over prone; he's a "gunslinger" and those guys don't tend to win SB's anymore. Woodson told you last year that the Packers do not fear JC no matter what weaspons he has for the same reason. Turn overs are more key then ever for Def's b/c of how the rules have limited them, this is the one legit way they have to shut an O down, and JC loves to give it to them.

That doesn't mean that Cutler is a bad qb, but he's much like Romo and Rivers in that they all have this mental incapability that in the biggest moments they are as likely to throw a pick as they are a TD. Now go back to his 1:1 TD:TO ratio this year and you'll continue to see it.

I like JC, and think if Trestman can break through this mental lapse then JC could well turn into that next class of qb, but it hasn't happened to this point. But since he's been here, I've been wanting a young legit backup just in case.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    That is the thing that struck me, this guy was the total opposite of a homer up until they asked about Jay, and after they moved on past him.

Hell even talked about the Vikes QB situation with more restrain.

I'm going to take off the Rose colored glasses from now on when I watch Jay play.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,715 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,243ß
    I'd like to see Cutler continue to protect the ball better. And I'd like to see the team play 4-full quarters of offense. We are dysfunctional as an offense if we continue to only show up in the 4th quarter.

And, to be honest, that Green Bay guy was just being objective and honest. Jay does give games away - and practically gift wraps them for Green Bay each year. Pathetic.
  6. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    OP everything you listed was non other then BRETT FAVRE! Favre and Cutler have very similar attitudes when in game time
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,715 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,243ß
    Not really. At this point, Cutler is a "poor man's Favre" and hasn't really proven much as a winner. I'm not trashing Jay. Just keeping it "real" here. At this point, Jay isn't qualified to carry Brett Favre's jock. And I despise Brett Farve, but acknowledge the fact that Cutler has proven nothing yet. Certainly not that he can defeat the Packers like Favre beat us. Favre won a ton of big games on the NFL's greatest stages. Jay folds like a deck chair in big games - especially against the Green Bay Packers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    I've lived in Texas and Illinois, and most Packer fans I've met are realistic. Also, what that packer fan on the radio said is not a lie. Jay, these last 2 games, has repeatedly avoided the check down throws, and has been trying too hard to make a big play. The Lions game was the most maddening to watch, as Matthew Stafford started the game inaccurate as hell, but the Lions started going with high percentage plays, and he was passing to Bush a hell of a lot more. Jay, on the other hand, (even though the crowd was "getting to" the offensive line) was ignoring the easy passes, and kept passing it deep, and 2 of those INTs were on him.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    I think with this coaching staff, that will change. The problem is, it could be this year, or it could be next year.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,715 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,243ß
    I agree Henry, and I wasn't trying to be disrespectful of Jay.
  11. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    Nah, you hit it right on the head. If Jay can just take what the defense gives to him, he'll not only cut down on his turnovers, but it'll keep the defense off the field longer. God knows they can't survive if they're on the field as long as the Saints had them.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,066 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,316ß
    What did he say that was wrong? Jay is Brett Favre light. He will give teams a few chances every game to get the ball from him.

He needs to think more, and trust less in his talent.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,715 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,243ß
    I was just pointing out the "light" part of that. Real light. Comparing him with a Hall of Fame career that includes THREE TIMES being the NFL's Most Valuable Player, 11 Pro Bowl appearances, and domination of the Bears spanning a ton of years........I just laughed when I saw that. The only thing the two have in common is that Jay can throw ints as well as him. OK, I'll buy that one. But it would be nice if he could do the other "good stuff" too.
  14. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,066 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,316ß

Isn't that what calling someone a "light" version means? It is along the same lines as calling him a poor man's Brett Favre.

He has the same tendencies, but not all the talent. Both thought/think they can get the ball anywhere they want, anytime they want, coverage be damned.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,715 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,243ß
    You're right. I was misunderstanding you Benj. Sorry. You are correct.
  16. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,066 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,316ß
    No worries :D