STRAIGHT UP GUT FEELINGS Bears chances against the Pack

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Nakoma1, Sep 11, 2013.

?

What are your gut feelings with the Bears chances against the Packers this season

Poll closed Feb 11, 2014.
  1. Can't touch the Pack

26.7%
  2. SEASON SPLIT

60.0%
  3. BEARS SWEEP the Packers in close games

13.3%
  4. BEARS SWEEP THE PACK CONVINCINGLY ! ! DETHRONING THEIR CHEEEZZY AZZEZ

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

What do you think the Bears can do ?
    True there are 8 more weeks until the Bears meet them AND barring injury to either starting QB ,...How do YOU think this season's series will turn out ?

Me,... I'm hoping for a home and home split,

BUT if the Bars can pull it off in Lameblow ,... which would be unheard of ,

THEN I would have to say the sweep is on

PICK 2 ,.. Discuss yer picks
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

I believe we have our best shot at beating them, maybe even twice, but the way our each team's defense played (granted, against guaranteed playoff teams in SF and Cin), I could see a shootout, in one or both games. Hester's the wildcard in all of this. If he returns one, and most definitely returning 2 in a game, the odds would be no less than 50/50, just going off what I feel how things stand right now.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. soulman

soulman

I don't normally make predictions at all and making one this early is no more than a guess and not even an educated one. I've only seen one game played by each team so I really have no idea what to expect yet in the coming weeks. What I will say is this.

For what ever reason the Bears have often played GB tougher up north than they have at home and vice versa so the easiest pick and maybe the most likely would be a split but way too many things can happen between now and then to change the odds.

If the defense adjusts to life after Urlacher and holds up over the long haul we can probably keep the Packers off the board well enough for this offense to outscore them. I don't think we'll see any 10-7 or 14-10 games out of these two teams for awhile. Both teams seem capable of putting up 30 points or more on offense so it'll be up to the defenses to keep that from happening.

Right now I give us the edge defensively and on STeams and GB the edge offensively. Both teams are about as equally matched in all respects, including coaching, that it's a tossup for both games. I believe that our greatest advantage this year is that Trestman and his staff are far less likely to get outcoached than Lovie and his staff always seemed to be ever since Rodgers took over in GB.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Nice Post Soul ,... thanks for sharing

Im not trying to put anyone on the spot ,.. I think we're all seeing an improvement in this team as whole ,... just trying to pick the minds of the many with regards to and expectations of the Bears - Packers games this season.
  5. phatdude

phatdude

I can't say this to my Packer friends but the Arron Rogers offense is nothing to scoff at. Especially on 3rd down. This is why the lack of tackling in the opener totally worries me. There is no lie that last season a lot of our games were won because of the defense. They have to stay at that level or better to hold the Pack. Next is the o-line needs to protect Jay so he can get some plays in.

It's too early to tell, if the offense isn't better (it appears better) and the defense isn't showing, then we will be swept. If the D plays hard and holds Arron Rogers down, if Jay can make plays, then we can win.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01

I've said it multiple times, but I'll say it again. Even if the Bears have moved up the ladder compared to the last few years, and even if GB has dropped on that same ladder during that same time, it doesn't mean they've crossed eachother on said ladder.

It's impossible to tell right now. I will say that this year is as good as it has ever been to try and spit w/them, and I think that's the best the Bears can hope for. That loss to SF was a huge dig against GB, SF right now is the class of the NFC, and the NFC is the better of the two Div's. What the Bears did was beat one of the better teams in the AFC, which is nice, but don't think for a minute that the Bengals are in the same class as the 9rs.

Right now there isn't enough information on either team to discern what is going to happen w/they face eachother. Furthermore neither team faces eachother until the 2nd half of the season(week 9 is the first game) A lot can change between now and then. Any # of inj's could turn the tide for either team, and both teams are goingto have a ton of gamefilm on eachother by then.

Right now worry about Minny and Det.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost

Until the defense proves it can stop/slow down Rodgers and Jay proves he can avoid crapping the bed against Green Bay, I have to predict a Packers victory whenever they play us.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. dachuckster

dachuckster SuperFan

I voted for a split.

We have an advantage in the date of the first game. It is week 9 at GB, after our bye week. Hopefully, we have all the kinks worked out on offense and defense. Trestman will have two weeks to come up with a game plan.

So I am thinking totally against the grain, we win in GB and GB wins here.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

To be fair, this is a "gut feeling" thread. While I agree with you, I just have a "gut feeling" Hester (if he gets the chance to return) could play a factor, and that could be enough.
  10. riczaj01

riczaj01

Hester will be a factor no doubt, did you see how many punks got kicked out of bounds on Sunday? They wanted nothing that would give this team any kind of advantage.
  11. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member

Considering that we play them in week 9 for the first time, in GB, I think we will have settled into our systems (and come off a bye). That makes me think we can take that one. Then we have our game at home to end the regular season. That one makes me more nervous for some reason, but I think we can get it done....hopefully to clinch a playoff spot.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

Obviously nobody knows at this point. But my gut feeling is that we have a decent chance to sweep the Packers this year.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

Best I am willing to say is a split at this point in time
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DavidL

DavidL SuperFan

Also, there was only one kickoff return all day. It has become nearly a waste of time. I want a rule change. Either move the kicker back another 5 yards, or else just say to hell with the whole thing and start on the 20. The kickoff used to be an exciting part of the game. Now it is just a boring ritual, watching the ball fly over the back of the endzone. I can't even remember the last time Hester scored on one. Still, Hester gives us good field position on those OB punts.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

I'm gonna go with my gut and predict Devin Hester to have 5 TD returns that game.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. DavidL

DavidL SuperFan

Wouldn't it be fun if that last game were for the division title? As for predictions, I am in the "too early to say" camp. Unless we get a better pass rush, we will have to beat them the same way SF beats them -- score 30+ points.
  17. Akuma2000

Akuma2000

We will sweep the packers, if not we definitely will split (need to win the first meeting to get that all important tie breaker).
    • Like Like x 1