Suh Makes Interesting Claim About Draft Status........

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by soulman, May 21, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Ndamukong Suh suggests he could have been drafted elsewhere

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 21, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
    [​IMG]AP
    Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh spoke to reporters Wednesday for the first time since his return to Detroit for offseason work, but he left them with more questions than answers.

He didn’t offer much in the way of updates on his contract situation, though he added this was the last time he’d talk about it, but then left the podium after dropping what might have been a bombshell (but might have just been him jabbering).

“Probably a lot of you guys don’t know, I could have gone elsewhere when I was drafted,” Suh said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “Had that decision in my hands. I chose not to take it because that’s just the way I saw it.”

Asked how he could have gone somewhere else, Suh replied: “There’s many ways to do things. You can drop down in the draft, you can move up.”

When it was mentioned that that wasn’t necessarily his choice, he said: “It is my choice. It is for sure, my choice. But like I said, that’s water under the bridge.

“I’m here in Detroit, I’m happy to be here in Detroit.”

He was asked for more clarification, but apparently walked off without answering how he might have steered this process.

His contract situation might not be progressing the way he hoped, but trying to rewrite history and pull a post-facto Eli seems like a stretch, unless it’s his way of telling the Lions he wants out. But he said he didn’t, so who knows really what he was getting at?
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I'd like to feel sorry for Detroit that they have to deal with this fool but I can't bring myself to do that. Maybe they should have drafted someone else because no matter how good a player he is this guy is a major PITA.

It sounds like what he's suggesting is that he could have manipulated his draft status in some way either causing his draft rating to drop or somehow gotten it to rise although when you're taken 2nd overall there isn't much room to move up is there?

He's just one more guy who believes that the rules that apply to the rest of the NFL players and to the public in general don't apply to him. There's a word for guys like him too. It's sociopath. However you look at it this is a stupid way to conduct contract negotiations.
  3. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,202 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    574ß
  4. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +962 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    524ß
    I just hate this friggin guy. What a dirt bag and black eye for the league!
  5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,049 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,291ß
  6. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +915 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    920ß
    +1

Hate this prick.
  7. EternalChampion

EternalChampion Veteran

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    151ß
    As of yesterday, he and Fairley can legally get married in Illinois. So there's that.