Suh on facing rookie Long: "I look forward to the challenge"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 28, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,301ß
    Ratings:
    +4,612 / 4 / -1
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    They're saying we drafted Long for one reason - to stop Suh. Suh says he understands this and is looking forward to the challenge.

One other note. It was at Ford Field where our OL had 9 false starts due to the crown noise. Let's see how the rookies (and for that matter, our other new OL guys) handle the dome noise.

[​IMG]

2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,011ß
    Ratings:
    +2,840 / 7 / -9
    Suh is a beast.... I wish Long luck.

3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,301ß
    Ratings:
    +4,612 / 4 / -1
    You know, I have a gut feeling Long is going to do pretty well. Not perfect by any means, but I don't expect Suh to dominate Long in this game. Long will be a better player having this game (a success) under his belt. I'll bet Garza will be a help in this game - helping Long. I notice he teams up to help the guards on a ton of plays this year. Garza is a football-smart veteran who can be a huge help to Kyle, especially for this game against Suh.

By the way. I had a dream today (seriously, I'm not joking). Walter Payton was suited up and helping the Bears. It was so realistic. I think it's an omen. Bigtime omen. I'm thinking we win this game.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    551ß
    Ratings:
    +782 / 1 / -0
    Just got done watching the Detroit Cardinal game and they handled him pretty well. He made some plays but it wasn't crazy scary game by him at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moth

Moth Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Not sure I like all this extra motivation for Suh this game. I kind of wish this was never brought up at all

• Like Like x 2
  6. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    175ß
    Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    This is true, but it was inevitable with the success that Long is having so far this season. He has been a surprise to many, and so it's normal that this matchup will get lots of attention. I also feel like Long is going to play well against Suh, but you better believe that he will be doubled a lot in this game. I think the matchup to watch may well be Fairley on Slauson. That could be a key to this game.

• Like Like x 3