Summary On Bears Moves To Date...............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Mar 15, 2014.

1. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    740ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    exactly, and i pointed that quite a few times round here, starting from middle of the season. we dont know the entire story, maybe he was in love with lovie and urlacher, guess brian would have done the same if he could have

• Like Like x 1
  2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,257ß
    They numbers say we are better off with the new DE's
    upload_2014-3-16_10-50-53.png

• Like Like x 4
  3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,257ß
    So before the start of Free Agency we all knew we needed a DT, S, and CB. Now that we have spent a bunch of money we can look back and see the draft much more clearly. We now need a DT, S, and CB. Glad we got that straightened out.

4. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    740ß
    well we dont need no starter CB, we dont need DE (and we sure did before) and we probably got 1 starter S, so...

• Like Like x 1
  5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,257ß
    I agree we do not need a starter CB, But we need a CB who is ready to step in incase of Injury. Does that require a starter? I think I would say yes.

6. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    740ß
    ok, then before FA we needed 2

7. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,337ß
    Great write-ups by Soul there.

I'm heartened to read encouraging words about Mundy (whom I knew little about beforehand) because I was a little disappointed in Emery's safety signings. [MD Jennings sucks and is ST-worthy only. I'd rather have Conte starting at FS than him.] But if Mundy is a solid upgrade over Wright with upside I'll take that. Wright was a total fail who's arrow is pointing down not up.

I'd really like Wootton back to bolster RDE. There's no rush though. No team is gonna make him a serious offer without medical clearance and we are a few months away from that. Emery should have plenty of time and inside information on his physical status to get him back cheap if/when the docs clear him to play.

And one other thing that hasn't been mentioned much....it would be a good idea to get Bowman re-signed (he will be cheap as well). ZB is a pretty decent STer and he did a quite respectable job last season filling in for Peanut when CT was hurt. He also has similar size which I think you need opposite Jennings who's only 5'9". I'd let McMannis go and give his roster spot to a rookie draftee you're grooming to eventually replace Tillman.

8. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,369ß
    I could make the argument, and it would be a strong one, that despite his lack of size(which I still don't understand the hang up), that Young was better against the run last year, and while his sack stats didn't bear it out, a better pass rusher than peppers was last year.

9. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    740ß
    yes, there are s few guys we should get back, bowman and britton especially!
    although i love that lewan guy, unfortunaely we cant go oline

10. Trackguy

Trackguy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    I disagree. It's not even arguable. :lol-027:

Kidding aside, I was not in the least bit sad when they parted ways with Urlacher. He was done (and the rest of the league seemed to agree). Conversely, I think Tillman still has some gas left in the tank. He wasn't playing his best football before the injury but he was still an above average corner. A one year deal with him is fine and I am guessing they will use a high draft pick to groom his replacement next year.