"Sweetness is smiling down on us right now...

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by strockrocks, May 26, 2014.

1. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +198 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    Hill work complete"

I love this team...

http://instagram.com/p/od49xxotOc/

(Forte, Marshall, Bennett)

Sorry.. I couldn't get the pic to just show up, my apologizes for making you click on the link
    • Like Like x 5
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,662 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    569ß
  3. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7 Veteran

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    That's "sweet"!
  4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,233 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    490ß
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,693 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    453ß
    Here ya go
    Payton Hill.png
    • Like Like x 3
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,682 / 2 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,159ß
    These guys want a ring!
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +350 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    Good find rocks, gotta get chills seeing that. Time for these guy to get some jewelry on those hands, and I mean multiple pieces.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +198 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    Everybody has been doing their part in the off-season. I especially can't wait to see Wilson, Onobun, Washington (I haven't heard a WORD about him), Palmer, Bostic, and McClellin; guys that could make a big leap. (Or not!)

http://instagram.com/p/nEqvznRM5D/

I know you can't tell much from a guy running around in shorts but I want him to succeed so much. For the team and for him personally. It bothered Shea that he was letting down his teammates even though the effort was there.
  9. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +350 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    This team seems to have a single mentality, get to the Super Bowl. To me it feels like the most professional vibe this team, as a whole, has ever exhibited. I'd love to see McClellin succeed, he seems like a good dude and he's got the work ethic you want. If he has the physical tools to be an average starting linebacker his work ethic and motor would put him at an above average linebacker. He's willing to do whatever it takes. I'll take a bunch of average guys with McClellin's attitude over super stars with attitudes like Peppers. At least McC is giving his all, I can't fault him for that.
  10. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,682 / 2 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,159ß
    As embarrassing as that defense was last year you gotta think some of those guys should have some real chips on their shoulders this year and out to prove that it was a one year anomaly. If they're playing up to the abilities they were drafted because of then is got to be the schemes and coaching.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +671 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    That's what I was thinking also soul.

Let me just say this; I think Trestman has developed a professional and dedicated locker room in a single season, however, a coach can only do so much. You have to have leaders that not only push their peers physically, but emotionally and mentally as well. I really do believe that Brandon Marshall is that leader. For a guy that plays a position that is traditionally filled with "divas" and is known for somewhat selfish behavior, this guy has developed a selfless team-first attitude and I think it's starting to grow within the team.

This particular act does not just push his team mates (and himself) physically, but it also prepares them to take what they are doing seriously and helps them connect emotionally with one of the greats of all time, thus committing to the team that this "great" once played for and taking seriously the history of the franchise.

I gotta say, I like; no, I LOVE what I'm seeing from this team. I don't know how far they are going to go this year, but It's going to be a damn fun season to watch and a lot of these players are building a reputation with all that they do that is really endearing themselves to the fan base.

This is the best I've felt about this team in MANY years, and I give a lot of credit to Brandon Marshall and how he is molding this team from within. There are other leaders on this team whose contribution cannot be ignored, but man, you can almost feel the chemistry of this team grow with every story we read.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Is this actually Payton's Hill? I thought his Hill was now a golf course?

I have to say that I absolutely LOVE this team as a whole more than any other Bears team and that includes the '85 group.

From the GM to the coaches all the way down to the players, this is just more proof that these guys "get it".

They understand the history and importance of being a Bear. They love being a part of the team and carrying on the legacy.

This group of men is of such great character that it makes me want them to succeed and win the super bowl even more than I already do.
  13. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +537 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    129ß
    From the looks of it, I would agree it's Payton's hill. It is on a golf course now, but the hill is still there. There's even a plaque.

[​IMG]
  14. Moondog

Moondog Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    That's awesome. It makes me feel like these guys know what it MEANS to be a Chicago Bear. Learn the history of your team. Why are you proud to be a Bear? The legend, the lore....That's not just a helmet that you're putting on. That "C" stands for the same thing that the "C" stood for on Payton's, Butkus's, Ditka's, Hampton's, Sayer's, Singletary's, etc helmets. You are not wearing pee colored pants with a "G" on the helmet....You are a goddamn Chicago Bear!! So play like one!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. BelieveInMonsters

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I have to say that I'm a 36-year-old man. Walter Payton is the greatest football player of all time as far as I'm concerned. Needless to say, he is my favorite athlete of all time.

I'm not ashamed to admit that seeing Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall, and Marty Bennett honoring the legacy of the Chicago Bears and Walter Payton by running Payton's hill gives my chills and brought a tear to my eye.
  16. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,662 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    569ß
    If I remember correctly his hill, when he was running it, was dirt and rocks, but I could be wrong.

[​IMG]

you can see there isn't a lot of what looks like a nice grassy hill/firm footing when he was running it.

I'd pay a lot of cash to play on a golfcourse that had his hill though, I'd spend a good 30-40 min's just relaxing there.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,662 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    569ß
    If you read the book "sweetness" his runs when he was back home were rougher, ran along a river and the mud never seemed to end so you had to learn how to balance w/out either foot actually on ground, while it was pulling you in.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BelieveInMonsters

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    He also used old army boots that made his feet heavier to run along this path back home.

Not for the faint of heart.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,662 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    569ß
    ya guys would try and run w/him back home and couldn't understand how he did it.

As impressive as "The Hill" was/is, that run along the riverside was apparently near impossible, and it explains why he was such a great rb w/such great balance and explosion.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +184 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    268ß
    You get one Jesus ... you get one Sweetness ... and then they break the mold.

You dont get anymore of them.