Tailgating

Discussion in 'The Fan Lounge' started by Jeremy Fox, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Jeremy Fox

Jeremy Fox Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Hey,
    I am attending my first bears game with my fiancé. I really want to get there early and tailgate but I probably won't be driving and I'm not going with a big group. My question is how can I tailgate with other fans? What things should I bring ect. Any info on tailgating for beginners will help.

Thanks

GO BEARS

2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,339 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    734ß
    Welcome Jeremy, glad you found us.

You should be able to tailgate along with other fans in the lots around the stadium. The south lot (31st St.) is where I went to hang out. As long as you are "self prepared", I don't see why you couldn't find a group to latch on to for a while. Provided you have your own food/beverages (and perhaps something to offer a host...even if only ceremonially) you will find that there are good folks all around you to get to know.

One quick tip - don't plan on getting a cab ride away from the game. Just won't happen. You can walk a few blocks west and have an easier time getting a cab ride.