TE Ed Dickson?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by mdbearz, Apr 8, 2014.

1. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    250ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    This guy is still out there.

I watched him have a pretty decent season last year when he was called upon to fill the role for Dennis Pitta, while he recovered from hip surgery.

Bennett had a great year last year, but we need another guy that is a capable back-up to fill that role.

I know highlight reels do not tell the whole story, but this guy could start on lesser teams, and he was actually drafted AHEAD of Pitta.

2. little bear

little bear Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,112ß
    This year's TE class is deep, so I'd rather draft one in the mid rounds.

3. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    736ß
    Def. an upgrade over 'now u see me - now u don't' Rosario, although Dante is a decent blocker, so i guess his purpose is filled

4. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    343ß
    This is one of the worst years for TE's... I remember watching and reading about how poor the TE class was and how the scouts were literally face palming at their pro day

• Like Like x 1
  5. little bear

little bear Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,112ß
    As far as I know, there are quite a few guys ready to start on day one. Eric Ebron, Jace Amaro, Troy Niklas, CJ Fiedorowicz, Arthur Lynch just to name a few.

6. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    250ß
    I'm not sure any of the later round guys could offer what Dickson could. I don't see us using a 1,2,3 or even a 4th round pick on a TE.

And Dickson is 27 without a lot of miles but some really good experience (guy has a Superbowl ring).

7. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,207ß
    If we can sign a guy with NFL experience vs using a high enough draft pick on one to virtually assure that he can make the team and contribute that would be a plus. At a vet minimum he'd cost a little more but you're more certain of what you're getting.

Rosario is actually a very good blocker and STeams guy but he's also more of an Hback type than a true TE. If we don't make many moves as far as TEs go then I'd say they're happy with the progress Onobun made on the PS last year. The guy has mad talent if he can ever put it all together.

8. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    250ß
    Onobun has the physical tools to be great, but so did Kellen Davis. All I remember about Onobun was that it seemed like he has stone hands.

Like you said Rosario does not fill the role if Bennett gets hurt, niether does Onobun or a late round draft pick.
    If Bennett is hurt we have nothing to fill that void and that was a huge advantage last year.

I'm not saying that Dickson is a savior, but he is a very good fit for a position that we have no solution to.

9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,120ß
    Regarding Dickson, he can't catch. He can't block. Why on earth would we want him here? There is a reason why no team has signed him.

#9 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  10. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    736ß
    yeah, was Kellen any good in Cleveland or where ever he was playing, too bad for him