Ted Phillips Commenst on Jay Cutler's Contract..................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Jul 30, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Bears' Ted Phillips believes Cutler will deliver

Link to interview; http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/bears-ted-phillips-believes-cutler-will-deliver

July 30, 2014, 11:15 am
    CSN Staff

The Bears invested a lot of faith and resources in Jay Cutler when they signed him to a seven-year, $126.7 million deal. But team president and CEO Ted Phillips is more than confident that it was the right move for the organization going forward.

"At the end of the year, we had a lot of unsigned players," Phillips said on the Kap and Haugh Show. "The cornerstone was what to do at quarterback. I give all the credit to Phil [Emery] and Marc [Trestman] and Cliff [Stein], they really did a good job of analyzing where we are as a team, where Jay is, the progress he made last year under coach Trestman, and I think the entire organization was firmly behind that decision. We're excited to have Jay as our leader."

Since arriving in 2009, the Bears have seen a lot of growth and a higher level of maturity from Cutler off the field. As Phillips has seen those changes progress, he expects that to even further develop Cutler's performance on the field.

"There's no doubt about that," Phillips said. "Not only has he shown growth and maturity off the field, but his teammates — the way he interacts with his teammates and the coaching staff — has been a really positive development and it's only going to help his growth as a player on the field. Whenever you sign a player to a contract of that magnitude, he has to deliver on the field and we have confidence he will."
  2. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Damn. :10 2 7[1]: I guess my sllep checker doesn't work in the thread title either! :redface:

Maybe some kind staff member can correct that spelling of comments.

Kind of interesting to hear Phillips comments on this an not only the faith he has in Cutler but also the faith he shows in Cliff Stein, Phil Emery, and Marc Trestman. I can't recall an interview like this ever during the Lovie/JA era.
  3. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    Maybe the keyboard was drinking ...

(skip up to 0:50 in the clip)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Fernwood Tonight. Oh man that brings back memories. Martin Mull is a hoot and so is Waits. Those are two of most twisted song writers I know. Funny bit especially when Waits asks him for a couple of bucks. LOL
  5. dachuckster

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    I had been waiting to post that vid ... thanks for giving me the segue.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    You know I think you may be right about the keyboard. Yesterday when I opened up my laptop case there were three of those empty airline bottles of Smirnoff in there and I know they aren't mine.

It's not that I mind all that much but man, not during working hours. Gonna have to have a sit down with Mr. Toshiba soon. :10 7 3[1]:
  7. dachuckster

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    Hey 3 oz of booze for a keyboard is a lot. What is his body weight? Maybe 10 ounces. I wish I could drink like that!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß

It is pretty amazing although when you consider it's Irish on it's mother's side it's perfectly understandable. :stpat: