Tell me again folks about how the Bengals win was against bums.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 22, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    Bengals just thumped Green Bay. I kept saying the Bengals were for real, yet some folks here said that our win was against a bad team. Bull. It was a big win over a solid team.
  2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,021 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    268ß
    I wouldnt say "thumped," it was a close game throughout.

And anyone who said the bengals were bad team are just stupid. They were a playoff team with a top defense last season.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    They didn't "thump" them, buddy. It was a mistake ridden game and I'd say GB lost a lot "better" than they should have. The Bungles did everything they could on O to hand Rodgers the game on the road and their D kept them in it for the late win.
  4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,291 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    173ß
    No one ever said any such thing. I honestly don't remember you specifically calling the Bengals out, but I know Ric and I did. Everyone knew they made the playoffs the last two years. It just seems you're mining for a reason to say "Oh gee, look, we're a lot better than the Packers", by using an argument that never existed.
  5. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    I'm just glad the pukers lost.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    They beat the Packers.

Why is it, that people are so quick to say our opponents will be an "easy game" as if they were bums? In today's NFL, very few games are "easy games" and the Bengals have been in the playoffs the past two years and will probably win the division championship THIS season.

By the way. The Bears took care of business and beat the Bengals, and the Packers are going home losers. The Bengals are winners. End of story.

And I still say the Bears have an honest shot at sweeping the Packers this year. I know. The Pack is considered "unbeatable" by a lot of posters here. But they can be beat, and I think we have a shot at beating them this year.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    I agree 100%.

It made me angry that some people here tried to diminish the win, like it was against a bad team. Bunch of crap man. The Bengals win was a solid win against a solid team.
  8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    If you'd like to look back and review, I said the Bengals were a very good team who scared the shit out of me as a matchup (especially with our rookie OL facing their fierce DL). I predicted a tough Bears win 20-17 (got the margin exactly right) only because it was at home and I'm a homer lol. I also predicted prior to the season (to Ric when he was foolishly arguing that the we had no realistic shot to win the division over GB) that the Packers had a very good chance of losing to SF and Cincy on the road which is exactly what happened.

The Bengals look like a very talented team to me who still makes too many "young team" mistakes. They overcame it today but it cost them in week 1. We will see if they clean that up going forward.

As far as "easy games" go, yeah there's few that are truly gimmes (maybe Jacksonville). But tonight is a game the Bears MUST WIN on the road. The Steelers are reeling and a mess. If the Bears crap the field tonight they will blow a golden opportunity to take a two game lead over GB. No excuse for losing this game.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    I disagree.

Bottom line is that we beat the Bengals and took care of business. The Pack are going home right now - losers at 1-2. Next week is their bye week. They are going into that week a sub-500 team.
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    I agree with all of that.

MP, I"m not trying to say you were one of the guys who belittled the Bengals, but some here did. Just like some here are saying we should blow out the Steelers tonight because they are old bums. The Steelers have had a share of problems at 0-2, but I don't believe tonight will be an easy win. Hey, maybe we WILL blow them out and they are bums. But I don't think so.
  11. Akuma2000

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    I still believe the Bears will sweep the packers, if not we're definitely taking the first meeting and getting that tiebreaker.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    And I'm not guaranteeing a sweep, just saying we have a decent shot at doing it this year. Tonight will tell us a lot more about this team. If they can go into that hostile environment & the OL hold up reasonably well, and Cutler keep his head screwed on straight, making good decisions and protecting the football - then we have a pretty decent team this year that could conceivably de-thrown the Packers.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    I would never predict a blowout on the road vs a desperate team, but we should win handily if we play relatively mistake-free. If we play like we did last week (4TOs, blown kick coverage) we will probably lose. Lets see how disciplined this team is. You can get away with far fewer mistakes on the road. The margin for error is smaller. The pass rush much show up.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Akuma2000

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    Agreed....if Cutler protects the ball and the OL keeps him clean the Bears definitely can take this win. If Peanut doesn't play (gametime decision), I hope Bowman does good tonight and don't make any mental mistakes.
  15. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    If there was ever a time we could spare Peanut, tonight is probably it. Pitt doesn't have a marquee WR.
  16. Akuma2000

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    They still have Antonio Brown don't they, i think that's name (not sure).
  17. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Is Bowman behind Peanut or is Frey?
  18. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,291 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    173ß
    You disagree with what? Honestly, I think you're using every little bit about the Packers as part of "confirmation bias". Rodgers had a bad game this week, you make a thread, implying "See, I told you the Bengals were good!!" when no one said they sucked. You didn't have much to say last week when Aaron Rodgers set a career high for passing yards. The bottom line is, you're making up **** up by claiming ANYONE thought the Bengals game was going to be easy, and we honestly don't know WHAT we're going to get when we face the Pack in a few weeks. A few more games will give us the barometer between these highs and lows.
  19. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    You are 100% right Henry, I am VERY much saying the Packers are not better than us. They've been beaten twice (once by the 1-2 49ers who folks ALSO talked about as if they were unbeatable.....some posters said wait until we play somebody like the 49ers). The 49ers got beat today too.

Henry there have been people here who did post about the Bengals not being much of a test for us. You can go back and read the posts.

Look. You don't have to agree with me. That's fine. Hey, I could be wrong about all of this. I'm just saying the Bears look like contenders who can beat the Packers. Shoot me for that if you want to.

My only point is that some (not saying you) but some think the Packers are the almighty football unbeatables.
  20. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Peanut is in IMO the most important piece of our Defense. It would be bad if Peanut was out because we have ZERO DEPTH behind him and Jennings.