Tell me again folks about how the Bengals win was against bums.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 22, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,274 / 3 / -6
    The Bengals lost to the Bears not due to lack of talent, but lack of composure. They are a good team, but need to get composure to be a threat
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,335 / 8 / -0
    [​IMG]

Nah...just doesnt sound the same.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. jbunch14

jbunch14

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    I don't remember many people saying that the Bengals aren't a good team, just that they were very undisciplined and that is what cost them. The Packers falling to 1-2 shows that while they are very talented, they can be beaten. As for the 49ers, they are still a very good team, and I wouldn't count them out of anything.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 4dabers

4dabers

Ratings:
    +440 / 0 / -0
    The reality is this, we are currently an undefeated team going into week 4 of the season and we sit atop our Division. However, the opponents we have defeated to date are a combined 2-7.

Like they always say, "You can only play the teams that are on the schedule", and frankly, a schedule that looks difficult at the beginning of the season, may not look so difficult after week 4 or 5.

Personally, I think this is a team with all new coaches, schemes, and plays on Offense and ST, not to mention an O-Line with 4 of the 5 new starters, and a defense with a new DC with a different philosophy. We are are going to see this team get better each and every wee, and we have already. The Bengals game was a quality win and we should feel fortunate that we are 3-0 at the beginning of the season through a time that we are experiencing the most growing pains. I for one am going to relish our current record while looking at the standing at least 3 times a day to see the Packers sitting in 3rd place and the Bears in first; I am not going to get down on this team when we eventually lose one, because a team with this many changes to so many moving parts will have a game where it collapses a bit; and I am going to watch as we get better each week.

One last thing; Cutler said it takes about three years to really "know a new offense, and he got blasted for it. However, he's right, but that doesn't mean you can't be successful on the way to becoming maximally efficient in the system you run.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ZifanQ

ZifanQ SuperFan

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    Bengals are a playoff team imo. Nice to see us beat them it was a hell of a nailbiter but we still did and Packers lost! Happy days!
    • Like Like x 1