Ten Bears To Watch Tonight...................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 14, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    10 Bears to watch vs. Jaguars in preseason tonight

BY ADAM L. JAHNS Staff Reporter August 13, 2014 10:08PM

Updated: August 14, 2014 2:57PM

Everything that made Jimmy Clausen a five-star recruit in high school, a prolific passer at Notre Dame and a high-round draft pick appears to be re-emerging.

Take wide receiver Alshon Jeffery’s word for it.

“Jimmy was the No. 1 quarterback [in the country] back in high school, wasn’t he?” Jeffery said. “Jimmy’s just letting it rip. Jimmy’s doing what he does.”

And if he does well Thursday night against the Jaguars, the backup job behind Jay Cutler should be firmly in his hands. Clausen promised a similar approach to his first exhibition game against the Eagles — “I did all right. I made some plays,” he said — but because he gets the ball first after Cutler, he tops this week’s list of players to watch in the Bears’ second preseason game.

With a healthy throwing shoulder, Clausen might become coach Marc Trestman’s next success story. Clausen’s higher ceiling and overall potential could make the difference in his competition with Jordan Palmer.

“There are great minds here,” said Clausen, referring to Trestman and quarterbacks coach Matt Cavanaugh. ‘‘I’m trying to pick their brains as much as I can and get more familiar with the offense.”

Jordan Palmer, QB
    To keep things competitive with Clausen, Palmer will have to show he can move an offense full of second- and third-stringers just like Clausen did last week. Palmer is coming off an erratic week of practice, which included interceptions by defensive end Willie Young and safety Chris Conte.

Michael Ford, RB
    Ford has tumbled down the depth chart, trailing Shaun Draughn and rookie Ka’Deem Carey in the race to back up Matt Forte. He found a job on special teams last year, but that might not save him this season.

Zach Miller, TE
    Miller followed up his two-touchdown performance against the Eagles with impressive practices in Bourbonnais. He might turn out to be the Bears’ next-best receiving option after losing Marquess Wilson. “He’s a good weapon,” offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer said.

Chris Conte, FS
    If Conte plays, every snap will be scrutinized because of his rough 2013 season. If his shoulder keeps him out, doubts will grow about the time he has left to impress the Bears.

Adrian Wilson, SS
    In his first game in almost a year last week against the Eagles, the 34-year-old veteran said he felt better with every play, especially in the third quarter. “He was in his spot most of the night, so that was a good thing,” secondary coach Jon Hoke said. Can he repeat it?

Michael Ola, OL
    Injuries to Jordan Mills, Eben Britton and Brian de la Puente have led to abundant work with the first-team offense for Ola. But improvement is needed. According to Pro Football Focus’ analysis, Ola was the Bears’ lowest-rated offensive player against the Eagles.

Jon Bostic, LB
    Shea McClellin’s transition to linebacker has earned more headlines, but Bostic wasn’t able to turn a strong camp into a strong performance in the first preseason game. “Shea and [Bostic] are still works in progress,” linebackers coach Reggie Herring said.

Eric Weems, KR
    Special-teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis wants to see more from Weems as a kick returner and said more reps are coming. With Chris Williams out with a hamstring injury, the return duties are fast becoming Weems’ to lose. Can Micheal Spurlock or Armanti Edwards find ways to outshine him?

Nate Collins, DT
    The Bears remain high on Collins, who has made an impressive recovery from a torn anterior cruciate ligament. But a solid outing is required to improve his standing, especially with rookie tackles Ego Ferguson and Will Sutton ahead of him.

Email: ajahns@suntimes.com
    Twitter: @adamjahns
  2. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Here you go sports fans. Earlier this week we had a 5 Bears to watch feature but now I bring you at no extra charge "Ten Bears To Watch Tonight"! Double your pleasure for the same price.

And if you order right now I'll include my bonus addition of "7 Minute Abs and 5 Minute Glutes" at no extra charge. Order in the next 15 minutes and I promise I won't steal your identity and credit card information and sell it to Russian hackers to do with as they please.

You cannot afford to miss this incredible offer so aim carefully. :10 2 11[1]:
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,659ß
    As impressive as that is, ski says he can do 6 minute abs...
  4. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +225 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    617ß
    Thats a good article on who to keep an eye on.

Ski does abs?
  5. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +394 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    535ß
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  6. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß

Yes but with mine you get two for the price of one. Washboard abs and a Kim Kardashian booty. :bannana:
  7. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Michael Ola held his own tonight but I liked Dennis Roland better. The guy is a mountain.